EAI Meeting Report
MONTHLY INTERGROUP REPORT: MAY 2022
To contact all members of the EAI Board, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
EASTERN AREA INTERGROUP (EAI) BODY MEETING INFORMATION
2022 EAI Body Meeting Dates – June 5, July 10, August recess, September 11, October 16, November 13, December 11
Vice Chair Report
At the May EAI meeting, the Bylaws chair led the EAI body through the election of three officer
positions: The chair (Jennifer H. from Groveland, MA), vice chair (Katie W. from Boston, MA) and
treasurer (Don from Rochester, NY) were officially voted into office. Those members who had 90
days of abstinence and are committed to an EAI-affiliated meeting were eligible to vote. The voting
passed without opposition.
I also want to spotlight this service opportunity: Do you like to work with graphics? Then the Service Group Support Committee could use your help! Email email@example.com.
Katie W., EAI Vice-Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org
COMMITTEE REPORTS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
See the Join the Committee Meeting section for details on how to join the Committee Meetings.
12th Step Committee – Lou C., email@example.com
- The 12th step chair position is open. Anyone can participate in the committee. We are
looking to create a new resource for helping to welcome newcomers to FA meetings.
Bylaws Committee – Danielle B., firstname.lastname@example.org
- It was suggested a few years ago by EAI’s parliamentarian, that our bylaws have some
changes made, and we are also reviewing our bylaws in light of WSI’s recent bylaw
Financial Aid and Resource Committee (FARC) – Galit H., email@example.com
- The Committee received a total of 10 financial aid requests for the upcoming Business
Convention. All applicants received aid.
- We are looking for new members to join our Committee. Please reach out if you are
interested. A minimum of 5 years of back to back abstinence is required.
IT Committee – Cynthia R., firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cynthia shared some of the special projects they’ve been working on, including voting or
- Interested in training sessions for topics like Zoom hosting and settings, Gmail, and Google
Drive/Google Docs? Email email@example.com to learn more.
Office Committee – Sherry H., firstname.lastname@example.org
- Committee reviewed/revised the deep dive that will be presented to the EAI Body Meeting in
- We encourage any fellow who enjoys computer or office work and has interest in doing service, to contact email@example.com.
Public Information (PI) Committee – Kathryn W., firstname.lastname@example.org
- Members continue to give healthcare pamphlets to providers. We are continuing to look for
opportunities to give out flyers. Eric presented the healthcare slideshow in FL at a Local
Service Group meeting - the total presentation time was approximately 20 minutes.
Service Group Support Committee (SGSC) – Akia W., email@example.com
- Local Service Groups (LSGs) are made up of people in a geographic area who want to do
service in that area. We are working on a template for LSGs to include a phone list, LSG
meeting information, and local PI events. We are hoping to publish it in June. We discussed
how SGSC can provide a platform to do this work.
- Open service opportunity: Anyone who likes working with graphics is encouraged to help by
making the LSG template and published materials more aesthetically pleasing.
Monthly Local Service Group Meetings: (Times listed below are ET.)
- Metro Atlanta, GA: 2nd Saturday 11:30am-12:00pm – Email: Janae M.
- DC Area: 3rd Sunday, 10:30am-11:30am – Email: Akia W.
- Ithaca, NY: 1st Tuesday, 7pm-8pm – Email: Paula K.
- Philadelphia, PA: 2nd Saturday, 7:45am-8:45am – Email: Abigail H.
- Louisville, KY: 3rd Monday, 8pm-8:30pm – Email: Annie K.
- Southwest FL: 3rd Tuesday, 6pm-6:45pm – Email: Barbara S.
- United Kingdom/Ireland (UK/IRE): 2nd Sunday, 8:30am GMT/BST (UK Time) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Toronto, Canada: Last Monday, 12:30 to 1:00pm - Email: Linda C. or Nancy M.
- NYC-Tristate (New York City, Long Island, Westchester, NY; NJ; CT): 1st Thursday 7pm-8pm - Email: Kathryn W.
Service Support Weekend Planning Committee – Cayce K., email@example.com
- Looking for an entertainment subcommittee chair. In 2020, the event had yoga, fellowship
meals, a dance party, trivia, a game night session and a singalong. Also looking for fellows
that have a talent and would like to do some type of entertainment.
Teens and Twenties (T&T) – Merissa E., firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hoping to use healthcare provider slideshow to provide more data/statistics to supplement
qualitative part of outreaches with quantitative information. Considering updating outreach
format and best practices.
Treasurer’s Committee – Don D., email@example.com
- Discussed Teresa and Don doing the monthly financial reporting together (will include
creating the monthly report and also updating QuickBooks). Don will remain the only team
committee member who has access to QuickBooks.
- Agreed to an expense tracking format (all of 2022 will be included in the tracking).
- Discussed generating a recommendation to the EAI Executive Board regarding the
necessary prudent reserve funds.
NEW TO EAI?
JOIN THE EAI BODY MEETING
- Use your laptop or computer to join via direct link here or join the meeting on Zoom.com and input the Meeting ID: 847 548 759 and Passcode 2020.
- Use the Zoom mobile app on your smartphone. Download the app from the App Store or Google Play. Open the app from your smartphone, select Join Meeting and input the Meeting ID: 847 548 759 and Passcode 2020.
- For AUDIO ONLY (not recommended), use your phone to dial 646-558-8656 (US) or click here to find your local number. When prompted, input Meeting ID: 847 548 759 and Passcode 2020.
Sign into the EAI Body Meeting & be included on the Attendee Phone List!
A phone list of fellows who attended EAI either in person or remotely will be distributed to all EAI attendees and EAI Contacts after the EAI meeting. To join the Attendee Phone List, go to http://bit.ly/eaimeeting and complete the form. Please note that your email address will NOT be shared on the Attendee Phone List. The phone list is a great way to connect with other EAI fellows!
JOIN THE COMMITTEE MEETINGS via the Events Calendar or the info below.
- All Committees meet at 8am on Intergroup Sunday. Passcode for each meeting is 2020. See the details below for joining the meeting.
- For phone only (US), call 646-558-8656 and enter the Meeting ID identified below and the passcode 2020.
- To find the Zoom International Dial-in Number, click here.
Service Support Weekend Planning
825 9732 0638
882 7441 2321
Public Information (Pre-Call starts at 7:30 am)
845 8695 6527
Service Support Committee
843 8867 7998
Teens and Twenties Committee
Merissa E. firstname.lastname@example.org
825 8383 3741
812 5057 4139
12th Step Committee
879 3380 5639
Chair: Jennifer H., email@example.com
OFFICERS/CHAIRS WITH NO REPORTS
EAI MEETING REPORTS - PDF
For an archived copy of an EAI Meeting Report, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- EAI Meeting Report for May 2022
- EAI Meeting Report for April 2022
- EAI Meeting Report for March 2022
- EAI Meeting Report for February 2022
- EAI Meeting Report for January 2022
- EAI Meeting Report for December 2021
- EAI Meeting Report for November 2021
- EAI Meeting Report for October 2021
- EAI Meeting Report for September 2021
- EAI Meeting Report for July 2021
- EAI Meeting Report for June 2021
- EAI Meeting Report for May 2021
- EAI Meeting Report for April 2021
- EAI Meeting Report for March 2021
- EAI Meeting Report for February 2021
- EAI Meeting Report for January 2021
QUICK LINKS FOR THE EAI BODY MEETING
Please join us at the EAI Body Meeting via ZOOM from 9am EDT to 10am EDT. EAI Committees will meet remotely from 8am EDT to 8:45am EDT via Zoom. The password is 2020.
Frequently Visited Links
- EAI Contact Info
- Donate to EAI
- Directions for Submitting Meeting Changes
- Expense Reimbursement Form (PDF)
- Expense Reimbursement Form (Online)
- Business Meeting-Secretary's Report
- Business Meeting-Treasurer's Report
- Meeting Effectiveness Questions
- EAI Meeting Directory Trifolds
- EAI Monthly Report
- EAI Home