EAI Meeting Report
MONTHLY INTERGROUP REPORT: FEBRUARY 2023
FA Eastern Area Intergroup (FA-EAI, Inc.)
Email: email@example.com Phone: 781.438.9700
February EAI Meeting Presentations
Click here to see the agenda/treasurer report and Treasury Committee Deep Dive presentation.
2023 EAI Meeting Dates
March 12, April 2, May 7, June 11, July 9, August Recess, September 10, October 15, November 12, December 10
Tis the season for farewells to former chairs and welcomes to new chairs at EAI. EAI thanked Merissa from FL and Tricia from MA for their service as the Teens and Twenties Chair and EAI’s Secretary, respectively. EAI welcomed in Chichi from MD as the new Teens and Twenties Chair and Donna from FL as the new Secretary.
If you have a pesky IT question, be sure to join us in March for the IT Committee’s Deep Dive.
Vice Chair, EAI
COMMITTEE REPORTS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
See the Join the Committee Meeting section for details on how to join the Committee Meetings.
12th Step Committee – Maggie O, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Finalized the plans for the next gathering taking place on February 18 at 8 pm ET and February 19 at 1:30 pm. The topic will be on the HOW of Sponsorship.
- The committee brainstormed on how to reach the newcomer.
Bylaws Committee – Danielle B., email@example.com
- Evelyn covered for Danielle who was unable to attend the meeting and she presented a motion to the EAI body to change the Bylaws.
- The motion was presented however another motion was presented to wait until after the FA-WSI Business Convention. A vote was taken and the motion to wait was passed.
IT Committee – Jakki T., firstname.lastname@example.org
- The committee worked on preparing for the Deep Dive in March.
Office Committee – Sherry H., email@example.com
- Committee worked on updating the Literature Kit for Literature Representatives to reflect the new videoconference and phone meeting formats.
- Committee encouraged any fellows who enjoy computer or office work and have an interest in doing service, to contact firstname.lastname@example.org. There are a number of projects coming up that will include reviewing/editing EAI documents to assure the information is current and updating/uploading trifolds.
Public Information (PI) Committee – Kathryn W., email@example.com
- Two members from the FA-WSI Traditions Committee gave a presentation to the PI Committee on attraction versus promotion.
- The Committee worked on creating a training kit on how to run a video Public Information session.
Service Group Support Committee (SGSC) – Akia W., firstname.lastname@example.org
- Since Akia was not able to attend, one of the committee members, Bob from FL gave the report.
- The SGSC worked on the Google suite of tools for building an LSG Bulletin Board specifically for Ireland’s LSG and used the DC’s bulletin board as the template. They also reviewed the possible features that can be used with the Google suite’s Drive, Docs, Mail, Calendar, and Sites.
Monthly Local Service Group Meetings: (Times listed below are ET unless otherwise noted.)
- Metro Atlanta, GA: 2nd Saturday 11:30am-12:00pm – Email: Janae M.
- DC Area: 3rd Sunday, 10:30am-11:30am – Email: Akia W.
- Ithaca, NY: 1st Tuesday, 7pm-8pm – Email: Paula K.
- Louisville, KY: 3rd Monday, 8pm-8:30pm – Email: Annie K.
- Southwest FL: 3rd Tuesday, 6pm-6:45pm – Email: Barbara S.
- United Kingdom/Ireland (UK/IRE): 4th Sunday, 8:00am GMT/BST (UK Time) Email: Jojo A.
- Toronto, Canada: Last Monday, 12:30pm to 1:00pm - Email: Linda C.
- NYC-Tristate (New York City, Long Island, Westchester, NY; NJ; CT): 1st Thursday 7pm-8pm - Email: Kathryn W.
Service Support Weekend Planning Committee – Caroline B., email@example.com
- Caroline, the SSW Committee Chair stated the committee is on hold and the members are helping the FA-WSI Convention Committee for the upcoming business convention.
Teens and Twenties (T&T) – Merissa E., firstname.lastname@example.org
- The committee worked on informing the new incoming Committee Chair, Chichi about the overview of the position, updated her on what is happening with the committee, and what they would like to work on in the future.
- Merissa emphasized that this committee is part of the PI committee and not a special committee that helps with working with teens and twenties. For help, it is best to rely on sponsors and people with long term recovery, and especially those members, still in recovery, who started out as teens/twenties themselves.
Treasurer’s Committee – Don D., email@example.com
- The Treasury Committee presented their annual Deep Dive.
- The Deep Dive included:
- The 7th Tradition and how it works.
- Reviewed the FA-EAI revenue and expenses from 2019-2022.
- Communicated that the prudent reserve is based on 12 months’ worth of expenses - which was approved by the Board in 2018. The money belongs to the body and the Board makes the decision of where the money is spent.
- How to use the FA website to make donations, how to access the meeting treasurer's report form, and how to access the FA-EAI reimbursement form that can be completed via a PDF or directly online.
- An FA-EAI member inquired about why the meeting donations were not listed. Don clarified there are donations from the meetings however he needs to learn how to access the information so it can be available to the body. Another member asked why donate to FA-WSI when FA-EAI makes donations to FA-WSI anyway. Don explained the importance of donating to both entities. If any one needs more information please contact him directly.
NEW TO EAI?
If you’re new to EAI, check out the Orientation Video and Newcomer Orientation Guide, provided by the 12th Step Committee.
JOIN THE EAI BODY MEETING
- Use your laptop or computer to join via direct link here or join the meeting on Zoom.com and input the Meeting ID: 847 548 759 and Passcode 2020.
- Use the Zoom mobile app on your smartphone. Download the app from the App Store or Google Play. Open the app from your smartphone, select Join Meeting and input the Meeting ID: 847 548 759 and Passcode 2020.
- For AUDIO ONLY (not recommended), use your phone to dial 646-558-8656 (US) or click here to find your local number. When prompted, input Meeting ID: 847 548 759 and Passcode 2020.
Sign into the EAI Body Meeting & be included on the Attendee Phone List!
EAI Attendees will be emailed the phone list after the EAI meeting. Go to http://bit.ly/eaimeeting and complete the form to be added to the phone list. Please note that your email address will NOT be shared on the Attendee Phone List. The phone list is a great way to connect with other EAI fellows!
JOIN THE COMMITTEE MEETINGS via the Events Calendar or the info below.
- All Committees meet at 8am on Intergroup Sunday. Passcode for each meeting is 2020. See the details below for joining the meeting.
- For phone only (US), call 646-558-8656 and enter the Meeting ID identified below and the passcode 2020.
- To find the Zoom International Dial-in Number, click here.
12th Step Committee
Maggie O., firstname.lastname@example.org
879 3380 5639
Sherry H. email@example.com
882 7441 2321
Public Information Committee
Kathryn W. firstname.lastname@example.org
845 8695 6527
Service Support Committee
843 8867 7998
Service Support Weekend Planning
Caroline B., email@example.com
825 9732 0638
Teens and Twenties Committee
Merissa E., firstname.lastname@example.org
825 8383 3741
10am after Body Meeting
Don D., email@example.com
812 5057 4139
OFFICERS/CHAIRS WITH NO REPORTS
Financial Aid and Resource Committee (FARC): Bronna G., firstname.lastname@example.org
EAI MEETING REPORTS - PDF
For an archived copy of an EAI Meeting Report, please email email@example.com.
- EAI Meeting Report for February 2023
- EAI Meeting Report for January 2023
- EAI Meeting Report for December 2022
- EAI Meeting Report for November 2022
- EAI Meeting Report for October 2022
- EAI Meeting Report for September 2022
- EAI Meeting Report for July 2022
- EAI Meeting Report for June 2022
- EAI Meeting Report for May 2022
- EAI Meeting Report for April 2022
- EAI Meeting Report for March 2022
- EAI Meeting Report for February 2022
- EAI Meeting Report for January 2022
- EAI Meeting Report for December 2021
- EAI Meeting Report for November 2021
- EAI Meeting Report for October 2021
- EAI Meeting Report for September 2021
- EAI Meeting Report for July 2021
- EAI Meeting Report for June 2021
- EAI Meeting Report for May 2021
- EAI Meeting Report for April 2021
- EAI Meeting Report for March 2021
- EAI Meeting Report for February 2021
- EAI Meeting Report for January 2021
QUICK LINKS FOR THE EAI BODY MEETING
Please join us at the EAI Body Meeting via Zoom from 9am ET to 10am ET. EAI Committees will meet remotely from 8am ET to 8:45am ET via Zoom. The password is 2020.
Frequently Visited Links
- EAI Contact Info
- Donate to EAI
- Directions for Submitting Meeting Changes
- Expense Reimbursement Form (PDF)
- Expense Reimbursement Form (Online)
- Business Meeting-Secretary's Report
- Business Meeting-Treasurer's Report
- Meeting Effectiveness Questions
- EAI Meeting Directory Trifolds
- EAI Monthly Report
- EAI Home