Western Area Intergroup (WAI) Public Information
Spreading the message of recovery throughout the Western Area
- Plans where and how best to convey information about the FA program to the general public, health care providers, faith community leaders, and other professionals
- Informs healthcare professionals and community lay groups about the FA program of recovery through participating in “Information Sessions” and health fairs.
Service Group Support Committee
- Supports Local Service Groups (LSG), which spread the solution of FA to the still-suffering food addict and others such as family, medical professionals, clergy, and employers.
- Spreads the FA solution to the medical communities referenced in magazine, web and newspaper articles, and television programs whose subject matter covers the breadth of weight-related issues.
Digital Outreach Committee (the umbrella designation for several service subcommittees)
- Focuses on channels of digital information that expand FA’s footprint online, making it possible for anyone, anywhere, anytime to find help with food addiction.
- Raises awareness about FA to the public through online weblinks, articles, newsletters, colleges and media outlets.
Public Information Resources
- Introduction to Public Information Work
- Help for PI Representatives
- Outreach via Media
- WAI Public Information