Meeting Effectiveness Support and Assistance Subcommittee
A meeting is effective if it helps its members get and stay abstinent and carries the message of recovery. The Meeting Effectiveness Support and Assistance Committee (MESA), a subcommittee of the WSI Twelfth Step Committee, helps FA meetings become more effective.
MESA works primarily with the meeting's MESA Rep. A MESA Rep is an FA member with at least one year of abstinence who is elected by their meeting to help the meeting find ways to become more effective. Monthly Resource Calls provide information, guidance, and assistance to the MESA Reps.
Often, FA members ask:
- What is the role of the MESA Rep? Click here for Document 7: Service Positions - Description of Responsibilities
- What are Meeting Effectiveness Questions? Meeting Effectiveness Questions have been compiled to help meetings find the most effective ways to reach newcomers and support their own members.
- Where can I find the Meeting Effectiveness Questions? Click here for Document 9: Meeting Effectiveness Questions
- Where can I find the Business Meeting Secretary’s report? Click here Sample Business Meeting Agenda/Minutes
- Where can I find the Treasurer’s Monthly report? Click here for the EAI Business Meeting Treasurer Report Template
If you have a question or problem in your meeting, you can email the MESA Helpline Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. All inquiries to MESA are kept strictly confidential.