World Service Business Convention (WSBC) 2024
May 31 - June 2, 2024 — Danvers, Massachusetts
Check back in January 2024 for more information!
About the Business Convention
The purpose of FA's annual World Service Business Convention (WSBC), as dictated by our bylaws, is to bring World Service Conference (WSC) members of individual meetings together as a representative body to govern the corporate entity of FA. The focus will be on World Service Inc. (WSI) business and service at the organizational level. All are welcome to attend.
World Service Conference (WSC) Member Information
Meetings should elect a World Service Conference (WSC) member at their December, January, or February business meeting. In order to serve as a WSC member, a member of the fellowship must have at least five (5) years of continuous abstinence in FA and have completed one (1) in-depth study of the Twelve Steps in sequence as of March 2, 2024, using a method focused on food addiction and requiring abstinence throughout each Step, within the current term of abstinence. If you’re interested in serving as a WSC member, please read the World Service Conference (WSC) Member Manual.
- Convention registration opens
- Online hotel room reservations are available for booking
- Deadline for WSC member registration
- Deadline for intergroups and chapters to submit a motion. Refer to the WSBC Motion Submission Procedure document for details.
- Deadline for applications for World Service Board positions
- Open this year for election: chair, vice chair, bylaws chair, Connection chair, convention planning chair, office chair, traditions review chair. Refer to WSI Officer and Committee Chair Position Responsibilities for details.
- Online Convention registration closes
- Last day to request a refund to the FA Office
For Convention questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- World Service Conference (WSC) Member Manual
- WSBC Motion Submission Procedure
- WSI Officer and Committee Chair Position Responsibilities
- Document 7: Service Positions-Description of Responsibilities
- Document 8: From a Traditions Perspective
WSBC Emails to the Fellowship*
- Email #1: 2024 World Service Business Convention Announcement (11/30/23)
- FA World Service Business Convention Format Announcement (11/29/23)
*If you did not receive these emails, please login to your FA profile and select Manage My Email List Preferences to make sure that you are subscribed to FA General Announcements. Contact email@example.com with any questions.