Directions for Registering a New Meeting
Click here to watch a video on how to register a new meeting.
- Go to www.foodaddicts.org.
- Login to your FA profile.
- If you do not have an FA profile, click the orange button to Create a New FA Profile.
- In the Register a New Meeting section in the right-hand column, select the type of meeting you are registering:
- Click the blue button to Register a New In-Person Meeting.
- Click the green button to Register a New Telephone Meeting.
- Click the orange button to Register a New Videoconference Meeting.
- The registration form will open on your screen.
- Complete the registration form. All fields marked with a red asterisk (*) are required.
- Meeting Information:
- First Meeting Date: select the start date of your meeting.
- Your meeting must register with an Intergroup: select EAI or WAI.
- If your EAI meeting is also registering with the Maine Chapter, select ME (Maine).
- Additional Instructions to Appear on Meeting Page: enter any meeting-specific information that you would like displayed on the website: Examples:
- Please join us for fellowship dinner at 6:00pm in the cafeteria located at the end of the hall.
- Call in to the meeting 15 minutes early to sign up for service to read.
- This meeting offers Closed Captioning through Live Streaming. The meeting is NOT being live-streamed or recorded. Some devices may require you to turn off the closed captioning in your settings before you enter the meeting.
- We use Zoom’s waiting room feature to provide an added layer of security for meeting attendees.
- Telephone/Videoconference Meetings:
- A host location is required for all meetings, including telephone and videoconference meetings. Choosing a city, state/province/region, and country for your meeting enables the online meeting finder to display your meeting in each user’s proper time zone. If your telephone or videoconference meeting does not originate from one location, use group conscience to determine a city, state/province/region and country to use as reference. Some meetings may choose to use the location of their WSI Contact. (Changes to the WSI Contact or the meeting city/state/province/region/country of a current meeting can be submitted through a meeting change request.)
- Videoconference Zoom Meeting IDs: Enter numbers only without any spaces. For example, if your Meeting ID is 894 624 8635 enter it as 8946248635.
- Meeting Access Codes/Passcodes: Please use numeric passwords only. For the sake of phone dial-in users, do not include alpha or other characters in your meeting's password. Please note that Zoom changes an alphanumeric passcode to be a set of random numbers, so using the passcode “FAITH” does NOT translate to 32484. Zoom generates a passcode of 798937.
To keep things simple on the Meeting Details Page, we want to display only one passcode, so a numeric-only passcode is required.
- Freeconferencecalls.com telephone meetings: Please include a hyperlink to the other dial-in numbers that are available by country. If a hyperlink is not available, please log in to the meeting’s Freeconferencecalls.com account and download the PDF of the list of international phone numbers that can be used for your meeting.
Click print to save as a PDF.
After you submit your meeting for registration, you will receive a confirmation email. Please forward that email to your intergroup/chapter office (email@example.com, wai@firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com) and attach the PDF of the international dial-in numbers and ask them to upload this to your meeting.
- Meeting Service Positions:
- Meeting, Intergroup, WSI, and Chapter Contacts are required contacts. A Chapter contact is only required if your meeting is registering with the Maine Chapter. These are the only contacts who will be able to submit changes to this meeting. Note: Keeping meeting information accurate is the responsibility of the Meeting Contact.
- Non-Required Contacts: Add a representative for these positions so your meeting can be contacted by those committees (connection, PI, MESA, Treasurer.)
- Enter first and last names, email, and phone number. (Last names and email addresses are used for record keeping purposes only; they will not be published.)
- In the Other Comments/Questions area, enter any questions or instructions you want to send to the intergroup/chapter office committee member who will be checking your meeting information before making it live on the FA website.
- Meeting Information:
- Meeting Requirements and Standards:
- After reading these requirements from Document 1, click on the box next to: We, the members starting this new meeting, Accept and Agree to Abide by all of the Meeting Requirements by FA as Detailed Above.
- Click the blue button to Submit the new meeting registration.
- You will receive a Thank You confirmation screen. Please allow 7 to 10 days for your Intergroup/Chapter Office to process your new meeting registration. Note: your meeting will display on the website six days prior to your first meeting.
- If you have any questions about registering your new meeting, please contact your Intergroup/Chapter Office:
- EAI Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Maine Chapter Office: email@example.com
- WAI Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have technical difficulties, please contact email@example.com.
Thank you for your service!