For connection Reps
What to do if you are the connection Representative for your local meeting
Listed below is information we encourage you to share with fellows about writing and submitting art for connection at your upcoming business meeting during the connection report, in your outreach calls and in one-on-one conversations at meetings.
Check out the Service Position Requirements pages to find out more about what a connection Rep does!
Become a connection Rep for Your Meeting
connection Reps subscribe to connection to sell at their meeting and raise awareness of the magazine among fellow members. They also encourage FA members to write and submit their stories. To become a connection rep for your meeting, volunteer at your meeting’s monthly business meeting. If you have any questions or need further information about how to become a connection rep, please email the connection Rep coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I purchase a meeting subscription for the print version of connection?
Purchase a subscription on the subscription page. Please note that this is available for print subscriptions only. If you would like to purchase the digital connection for your meeting, please follow instructions for digital subscriptions.
My meeting already has a meeting subscription for the print connection. How do I change the meeting subscription so I can receive it to my address?
Your meeting’s Meeting Contact* will need to submit a meeting change request through the FA website. The update may take 7-10 days to take effect. Click on Directions for Submitting Meeting Changes for more detailed instructions. If there's a digital connection subscription that was purchased for the meeting, please contact email@example.com to transfer the digital connection to the new connection representative.
*These contacts can submit meeting changes: Meeting Contact 1 & 2, WSI Contact, Intergroup Contact 1 & 2, Chapter Contact 1 & 2.
What can I tell other members about submitting articles?
- Writers should visit the Writers Guidelines page. It has everything they need to know.
- Writers should submit their articles by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and attaching their article to the email.
- Remind writers to include their first name, last initial, city/state/country, and email address with the story.
- FA connection writing coaches, who are available to help writers with stories for the magazine, can be reached at email@example.com. If people ask for assistance, you can share this email address.
What can I tell other members about submitting art?
- Artists should visit the Art Guidelines page, It has everything they need to know.
- Artists should submit art and photography by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and attaching their artwork or photography to the email.
Talking Points for Your FA Business Meeting
- connection is seeking art and articles from all those with 90 days or more of abstinence.
- We have guidelines to help you with your story and writing coaches are available to assist you, too.
- Don’t do a hard sell.
- If you hear great sharing or qualification at a meeting, suggest to the fellow that they write it for connection.
- If you know someone who is an artist or photographer, encourage them to submit it.
- One-on-one chats help remind people of the tremendous service opportunity available to support the entire worldwide fellowship through connection.