EAI Meeting Report
MONTHLY INTERGROUP REPORT: APRIL 2022
To contact all members of the EAI Board, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
EASTERN AREA INTERGROUP (EAI) BODY MEETING INFORMATION
April 3 Body Meeting- click here for the IT Committee Deep Dive.
2022 EAI Body Meeting Dates:
May 1, June 5, July 10, August recess, September 11, October 16, November 13, December 11
Vice Chair - Katie W., email@example.com
If you didn’t attend the April EAI meeting, you missed a fabulous Deep Dive by the EAI IT Committee. Did you know they are planning to put on additional training sessions for topics like Zoom, Gmail and Google Drive? What service! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
Speaking of service, the Office Committee (email@example.com), IT (firstname.lastname@example.org), and Service Support Weekend Planning Committee (email@example.com) are looking for volunteers. What better way to stay abstinent?
COMMITTEE REPORTS AND CONTACT INFORMATION:
See the Join the Committee Meeting section for details on how to join the Committee Meetings.
Service Support Weekend Planning Committee - Cayce K., firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Food Addicts in Recovery Eastern Area Intergroup Service Support Weekend 2022 will be Nov 12th and 13th and held virtually! We need your help, if you would like to help with planning. We are also looking for an Entertainment Subcommittee chair. If interested, please contact email@example.com.
Bylaws Committee - Danielle B., firstname.lastname@example.org
- Four members of the bylaws committee were present. We reviewed and discussed proposed changes to the bylaws. We will be presenting proposed changes to the EAI body in the fall for discussion and voting.
IT Committee - Cynthia R., email@example.com
- An FA IT member shared information about the available IT Training sessions on how to use Gmail, Google Drive, Zoom, etc. It was reported that the last training session had 50 members and the IT Committee is willing to set up individual training sessions if needed.
- The IT Chair encouraged people to join the committee and to contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Office Committee – Sherry H., email@example.com
- Discussed revising the Literature and Secretary position kits to support virtual and telephone meetings.
- Two office committee members volunteered to work with the telephone meetings to update or enter their International Dial-In Number Hyperlinks.
- The committee will begin to prepare the deep-dive presentation for June.
- We encourage any fellow who enjoys computer or office work and has interest in doing service, to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Financial Aid and Resource Committee (FARC), Galit H., email@example.com
- Are you a business convention voting member who needs financial assistance to attend the convention? Click this link to complete the Financial Aid Application, by April 30, 2022.
Treasurer’s Committee, Don D., firstname.lastname@example.org
- Four fellows in attendance including one new fellow
- Discussed a potential issue with the expense reimbursement process. We are currently assessing to determine if it is an issue or an anomaly
- Discussed building "bench strength' so all treasury activities will have a minimum of two people who are able to perform the activities
- Discussed the best way to track monthly expenses
Public Information (PI) Committee – Kathryn W., email@example.com
- On March 26th, an in-person health and wellness fair was held at Estero Parks and Recreation, Estero, Florida. Seven FA members volunteered for three sessions, one hour each, from 9-12pm. Twenty-five people stopped at the table to pick up FA brochures.
- Estero Parks and Recreation will add the FA website to their web page.
- Two fellows requested the FA Video to be shown at their business meeting. Eric M. will assist in presenting the FA video (8 minutes) and the healthcare slide show (12 minutes).
Service Group Support Committee (SGSC) – Akia W., firstname.lastname@example.org
- The SGSC is compiling your sample agendas, meeting minute formats, flyers, LSG service position descriptions, and other helpful materials to share with the fellowship and other LSGs. Please use this link to share your materials with us!
- Next month, we will post a link for viewing and downloading materials from the repository for your use after they are compiled.
- SGSC is working on creating a Bulletin Board template for LSGs through Google slides/Google sites to post information about their LSG for their fellowships.
- FA members in South Carolina are looking to do LSG service work in their area. There are next steps for EAI SGSC and other EAI committees' support.
Monthly Local Service Group Meetings: (Times listed below are ET.)
- Metro Atlanta, GA: 2nd Saturday 11:40am-12:10pm – Contact: Rosa: email@example.com
- DC Area: 3rd Sunday, 10:30am-11:30am – Contact: Akia: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ithaca, NY: 1st Tuesday, 7:00-8:00pm – Contact: Paula K. email@example.com
- Philadelphia, PA: 2nd Saturday, 7:45am-8:45am – Contact: Abigail H. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Louisville, KY: 3rd Monday 8pm-8:30pm – Contact: Annie K. email@example.com
- Southwest Florida: 3rd Thursday, 6pm-6:45 p.m. – Contact: Barbara S. firstname.lastname@example.org
- United Kingdom/Ireland (UK/IRE): 2nd Sunday, 8:30 am (UK Time - 5 hours ahead of EST) - Contact: email@example.com
- Toronto, Canada: Last Monday 6:15pm - 6:45pm – Contact: Bronna G. firstname.lastname@example.org
- NYC-Tristate (New York City, Long Island, Westchester, NY; NJ; CT): 1st Thursday 7pm-8pm - Contact Kathryn W. email@example.com
12th Step Committee – Lou C., firstname.lastname@example.org
- There were ten attendees and the committee worked on the last-minute planning for next weekend's informal gathering on the topic of the Joy of Living, scheduled for April 9, from 8 pm - 9 pm ET and April 10, from 1:30-2:30 pm ET.
- The committee also brainstormed about how they can help FA-EAI members welcome the newcomer. One idea was creating a newcomer's video.
Teens and Twenties (T&T): Merissa E., email@example.com
- The T&T informal gathering/information sessions will now be held every six months.
- There were nine members in attendance. We encourage members to join the committee.
NEW TO EAI?
If you’re new to Eastern Area Intergroup (EAI), the EAI 12th Step Committee offers an Orientation Video and an EAI Newcomer Orientation Guide to help people learn about what the Intergroup does, the services it provides, its committees, and ways that FA members can get involved Check out the EAI 12th Step webpage on the EAI website.
EAI BODY MEETING - JOIN REMOTELY USING THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Use your laptop or computer to join via direct link here or join the meeting on Zoom.com and input the Meeting ID: 847 548 759 and Passcode 2020.
- Use the Zoom mobile app on your smartphone. Download the app from the App Store or Google Play. Open the app from your smartphone, select Join Meeting and input the Meeting ID: 847 548 759 and Passcode 2020.
- For AUDIO ONLY (not recommended), use your phone to dial 646-558-8656 (US) or click here to find your local number. When prompted, input Meeting ID: 847 548 759 and Passcode 2020.
Join the EAI Attendee Phone List!
A phone list of fellows who attended EAI either in person or remotely will be distributed to all EAI attendees and EAI Contacts after the EAI meeting. To join the Attendee Phone List, go to http://bit.ly/eaimeeting and complete the form. Please note that your email address will NOT be shared on the Attendee Phone List. The phone list is a great way to connect with other EAI fellows!
JOIN THE COMMITTEE MEETINGS via the Events Calendar or the info below.
- All Committees meet at 8am on Intergroup Sunday. Passcode for each meeting is 2020. See the details below for joining the meeting.
- For phone only (US), call 646-558-8656 and enter the Meeting ID identified below and the passcode 2020.
- To find the Zoom International Dial-in Number, click here.
Service Support Weekend Planning
825 9732 0638
882 7441 2321
845 8695 6527
Service Support Committee
843 8867 7998
Teens and Twenties Committee
Merissa E. firstname.lastname@example.org
825 8383 3741
Don D., email@example.com
812 5057 4139
12th Step Committee –
Lou C., firstname.lastname@example.org
879 3380 5639
OFFICERS/CHAIRS WITH NO REPORTSChair: Jennifer H., email@example.com
EAI MEETING REPORTS - PDF
For an archived copy of an EAI Meeting Report, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- EAI Meeting Report for April 2022
- EAI Meeting Report for March 2022
- EAI Meeting Report for February 2022
- EAI Meeting Report for January 2022
- EAI Meeting Report for December 2021
- EAI Meeting Report for November 2021
- EAI Meeting Report for October 2021
- EAI Meeting Report for September 2021
- EAI Meeting Report for July 2021
- EAI Meeting Report for June 2021
- EAI Meeting Report for May 2021
- EAI Meeting Report for April 2021
- EAI Meeting Report for March 2021
- EAI Meeting Report for February 2021
- EAI Meeting Report for January 2021
QUICK LINKS FOR THE EAI BODY MEETING
Please join us at the EAI Body Meeting via ZOOM from 9am EDT to 10am EDT. EAI Committees will meet remotely from 8am EDT to 8:45am EDT via Zoom. The password is 2020.
Frequently Visited Links
- EAI Contact Info
- Donate to EAI
- Directions for Submitting Meeting Changes
- Expense Reimbursement Form (PDF)
- Expense Reimbursement Form (Online)
- Business Meeting-Secretary's Report
- Business Meeting-Treasurer's Report
- Meeting Effectiveness Questions
- EAI Meeting Directory Trifolds
- EAI Monthly Report
- EAI Home