About the Literature Person Service Position
Six months of continuous abstinence suggested.
- Tracks the meeting’s supply of literature and CDs and orders more of each as needed. Marks the price on each of the literature items when they are received.
- Sets up the literature table before every meeting, laying out pamphlets, books, CDs, newcomer packets, connection, phone list, and literature price list.
- Stands and introduces himself/herself as the literature person and a food addict at the end of literature announcement, read as part of the format.
- Stands at the literature table before and after the meeting and during the break to help newcomers.
- Informs members that they can either buy the CDs or borrow them with a deposit.
- Coordinates with meeting treasurer regarding income and expenses relating to literature and CDs (see “Treasurer” above).
- Note: A literature price list is available for downloading and printing at www.foodaddicts.org. Choose “For Members,” then “WSI Office” and scroll to the “Office Documents” section of the web page.
Gratitude in Action (GIA) is a newsletter filled with tips, tools, and encouragement for FA members doing service to reach the still suffering food addict. To read about a specific service position, click the link below.