Living on the Frontier
No Meetings in Your Area?
What is meant by "Living on the Frontier?"
The term, “Living on the Frontier” refers to members who are far away from an established fellowship.
However, you can still get started in the FA program if you do live on the frontier!
Determine if you are a food addict. These resources might help you decide:
- Take this quiz: 20 Questions
- Read some of our literature: Pamphlets, Food Addicts Book
- Listen to stories from members: Audio Recordings
Here are some helpful resources:
THE LONG-DISTANCE SPONSOR LIST
Sponsors are FA members who will guide you with a food plan and the tools of FA. The Long-Distance Sponsor List is a helpful resource for members who are far away from an established fellowship. Members on this list may be available for long-distance sponsorship, or they can help you find someone with time available. To receive a copy, or to add your name to the list, click the link here: Long-Distance Sponsor List
THE FRONTIER MEMBER LIST
Talking to other FA members is an important tool used in the FA program. The Frontier Member List is a helpful resource for members who are far away from an established fellowship. To receive a copy, or to add your name to the list, click the link here: Frontier Member List
THE UNIVERSAL LANGUAGE LIST
The Universal Language List is an excellent resource for members who speak a language other than English. Members on this list have the desire to receive/return phone calls and have some ability to speak in a language other than English. To receive a copy, or to add your name to the list, click the link here: Universal Language List
Below are some stories from people who currently live, or have lived, on the frontier.
- Individual story: 'Recovery on the FA Frontier'
- January 2016 connection magazine article: 'Long Distance Recovery'
- December 2015 connection magazine article: 'Not Too Far to Travel'
FRONTIER SUPPORT CALL
The 12th Step Committee has hosted two Frontier Support Calls to provide information and assistance to members who are living on the frontier. Below are the highlights from those calls.
- October 18, 2015 - Topics: Staying Connected, and Attending In-Person AA Meetings
- February 21, 2016 - Topic: Service & Living on the Frontier
ANNOUNCEMENT – 2018 FRONTIER RESOURCE CALL SERIES
The WSI 12th Step Committee hosts a series of FA Frontier Resource Calls to support FA members who live on frontier. FA Frontier Resource Calls provide concrete suggestions and encouragement to help frontier members learn that contented abstinence and fellowship are possible for isolated members.
Each FA Frontier Resource Call will focus on a specific subject. To accommodate people living in varying time zones, we will host two parallel calls on the same subject:
- Time Zone #1 accommodates those in US/Europe/Africa.
- Time Zone #2 accommodates those in Asia/Australia/New Zealand.
Please determine which set of calls works best for your time zone. Attend one or both!
Resource Call #1
- Time Zone #1: Sunday, January 28th, 1:30-2:30 pm EST (Monday, January 29th, 5:30 am AEDT)
- Time Zone #2: Sunday, February 25th, 8:00-9:00 am AEDT (Saturday, February 24th, 4:00 pm EST)
Resource Call #2
- Time Zone #1: Sunday, March 25th, 1:30-2:30 pm EST (Monday, March 26th, 4:30 am AEDT)
- Time Zone #2: Sunday, April 29th, 8:00-9:00 am AEST (Saturday, April 28th, 6:00 pm EST)
Resource Call #3
- Time Zone #1: Sunday, May 27th, 1:30-2:30 pm EST (Monday, May 28th, 3:30 am AEST)
- Time Zone #2: Sunday, June 24th, 8:00-9:00 am AEST (Saturday, June 23rd, 6:00 pm EST)
Resource Call #4
- Time Zone #1: Sunday, July 29th, 1:30-2:30 pm EST (Monday, July 30th, 3:30 am AEST)
- Time Zone #2: Sunday, August 26th, 8:00-9:00 am AEST (Saturday, August 25th, 6:00 pm EST)
If you live on the frontier, sponsor someone living on the frontier, or are interested in doing service to support members living on the frontier, please join us.
-------------------- INSTRUCTIONS FOR JOINING THE RESOURCE CALL -------------------------
- Dial into the conference:
Dial-in Number: (712) 775-7031 - United States
Access Code: 224637
International Dial-in Numbers: https://www.freeconferencecall.com/wall/12thstep/#international
- Join the online PowerPoint presentation:
Online Meeting Link: https://join.freeconferencecall.com/12thstep
The World Service 12th Step Committee
PUBLIC INFORMATION RESOURCES
New meetings start one at a time, typically by several members who have been abstinent at least six months. The resources listed below are available to assist those who want to start new meetings or grow fellowships in their area by educating the general public about FA. Suggestions and guidelines are provided to help efforts to attract newcomers.