Help for PI Representatives
Help for Public Information Representatives: Description of Responsibilities
For this service position, one year of continuous abstinence is suggested, with a commitment of at least one year of service and a suggested term of two or more years.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR PI REPRESENTATIVES
(These are the PI essentials: you can focus on these as you get familiar with the role.)
- Update and copy PI Meeting Directory Trifolds for members to use in spreading the word about FA.
- Distribute Healthcare Brochures at monthly business meetings.
- Provide updated packets for Faith Community Leaders as needed.
- Make PI-related announcements monthly at each Business Meeting.
- Keep PI representative’s name and contact information current on the FA website.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES FOR PI REPRESENTATIVES
(Once you have primary tasks in place, here are some ways you can expand PI outreach):
- Encourage members to locate opportunities to participate in Health Fairs and Information sessions for the general public, health care providers, and other professionals, and work with Local Service groups, Intergroups, and Chapters to coordinate participation.
HELPFUL IDEAS AND RESOURCES:
- Ask for materials and suggestions from previous PI representatives. Keep records of outreach efforts and contacts for future PI representatives.
- Build enthusiasm for PI work by asking for help with tasks at business meetings.
- Consult online PI resources: Starting on the home page at www.foodaddicts.org, click on the “For Members” tab and click on the “Public Information” tab. Consult appendices of PI Kit.
- Participate with others doing PI work:
- Local Service Group to coordinate common PI activities across area meetings (email SGSC@foodaddicts.org).
- Intergroup/ Chapter PI Committee meetings:
- Eastern Area Intergroup (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Western Area Intergroup (email@example.com).
- Maine Chapter (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Bi-monthly World Service PI Committee calls (email email@example.com).
- World Service PI Committee meetings at the yearly Business Convention.
Requesting WSI documents in Word Format:
In order to have a secure website, every document on our website is in PDF format. To request a Word version of a document, email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
• In the subject line of your email, type the name of the document you need.
• In the body of the email, copy and paste the URL of the web page where the document is posted.
If you have any questions regarding this process, please email: email@example.com