The 12th Step Committee encourages service among FA members and helps intergroups, chapters and meetings to implement strategies to carry the message of recovery through personal contact. The committee serves as a resource to support meetings and individual members who ask for help. We provide outreach to those FA members who are isolated due to distance, language barriers or physical constraints. 12th Step subcommittees include Communications, FA Frontier, and Meeting Effectiveness, Safety and Accessibility.
ANNOUNCEMENT – 2018 FRONTIER RESOURCE CALL SERIES
The WSI 12th Step Committee hosts a series of FA Frontier Resource Calls to support FA members who live on frontier. FA Frontier Resource Calls provide concrete suggestions and encouragement to help frontier members learn that contented abstinence and fellowship are possible for isolated members.
Each FA Frontier Resource Call will focus on a specific subject. To accommodate people living in varying time zones, we will host two parallel calls on the same subject:
- Time Zone #1 accommodates those in US/Europe/Africa.
- Time Zone #2 accommodates those in Asia/Australia/New Zealand.
Please determine which set of calls works best for your time zone. Attend one or both!
Resource Call #1
- Time Zone #1: Sunday, January 28th, 1:30-2:30 pm EST (Monday, January 29th, 5:30 am AEDT)
- Time Zone #2: Sunday, February 25th, 8:00-9:00 am AEDT (Saturday, February 24th, 4:00 pm EST)
Resource Call #2
- Time Zone #1: Sunday, March 25th, 1:30-2:30 pm EST (Monday, March 26th, 4:30 am AEDT)
- Time Zone #2: Sunday, April 29th, 8:00-9:00 am AEST (Saturday, April 28th, 6:00 pm EST)
Resource Call #3
- Time Zone #1: Sunday, May 27th, 1:30-2:30 pm EST (Monday, May 28th, 3:30 am AEST)
- Time Zone #2: Sunday, June 24th, 8:00-9:00 am AEST (Saturday, June 23rd, 6:00 pm EST)
Resource Call #4
- Time Zone #1: Sunday, July 29th, 1:30-2:30 pm EST (Monday, July 30th, 3:30 am AEST)
- Time Zone #2: Sunday, August 26th, 8:00-9:00 am AEST (Saturday, August 25th, 6:00 pm EST)
If you live on the frontier, sponsor someone living on the frontier, or are interested in doing service to support members living on the frontier, please join us.
-------------------- INSTRUCTIONS FOR JOINING THE RESOURCE CALL -------------------------
- Dial into the conference:
Dial-in Number: (712) 775-7031 - United States
Access Code: 224637
International Dial-in Numbers: https://www.freeconferencecall.com/wall/12thstep/#international
- Join the online PowerPoint presentation:
Online Meeting Link: https://join.freeconferencecall.com/12thstep
The World Service 12th Step Committee
12th Step Resources and Service Opportunities
The term, “Living on the Frontier” refers to members who are far away from an established fellowship. To add your name to or receive a copy of the Frontier Member List, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The requirements and a list of information requested will be sent to you.
The FA Long-Distance Sponsor List is a helpful resource for members living at least 100 miles /161 km from an FA meeting. Members on this list may be available for long-distance sponsorship, or they can help you find someone with time available.
- Receive a copy of the Long-Distance Sponsor List. Click on the underscored email address: email@example.com and type “Send Me the FA Long-Distance Sponsor List" in the email subject line. The requirements will be sent to you.
- Volunteer to do service by being listed on the Long-Distance Sponsor List.
Two ways to sign up:
1. Click on: http://bit.ly/1mJaBKt
2. Click on the underscored email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Universal Language List is a list of FA members who have some ability to speak a language other than English. There is no abstinence requirement to be on the list. The requirements and a list of information will be sent to you.
- Receive a copy of the Universal Language List. Click on the underscored email address: email@example.com. and type “Send me the FA Universal Language List" in the email subject line.
- Volunteer to do service by being listed on the Universal Language List. Click on the underscored email address: firstname.lastname@example.org and type “I want to do service” in the email subject line.
The Gratitude in Action Newsletter is a free, quarterly email publication of the WSI 12th Step Committee, offering tools and resources within FA to inspire you to do service. Members receive copies by email when they register on the FA website.
- To view past issues of Gratitude in Action, visit Newsletters.
- To send in a submission or feedback to Gratitude in Action: GIA@foodaddicts.org
Thank-a-thons are special gratitude-themed FA Meetings held in the U.S. on Thanksgiving Day. Everyone is welcome to attend. Click here for more information on Thank-a-thons