The 12th Step Committee encourages service among FA members and helps intergroups, chapters and meetings to implement strategies to carry the message of recovery through personal contact. The committee serves as a resource to support meetings and individual members who ask for help. We provide outreach to those FA members who are isolated due to distance, language barriers or physical constraints. 12th Step subcommittees include Communications, FA Frontier, and Meeting Effectiveness, Safety and Accessibility.
2019 FRONTIER RESOURCE CALL SERIES hosted by the 12th Step Committee
If you're surrounded by meetings, but want to help FA grow, these calls will help you understand how you can support those who are far away from fellowship. If you don't have meetings, you can learn how to stay abstinent through connecting with the wider fellowship, and stay connected through service.
Each call focuses on an aspect of frontier life and helpful resources.
To accommodate people living in varying time zones, we will host two calls at different times on the same subject:
- Time Zone 1 accommodates those in US/Europe/Africa.
- Time Zone 2 accommodates those in Asia/Australia/New Zealand.
Time zone 1 (These times are all for the same call)
Sunday, February 24, 2019 1:30-2:30pm EST (USA)
Sunday, February 24, 2019 6.30-7.30pm GMT (UK)
Monday, February 25, 2019 5.30-6.30am AEDT (Australia)
Time zone 2 (These times are all for the same call)
Sunday, March 31, 2019 8:00-9:00am AEDT (Australia)
Sunday, March 31, 2019 5:00-6:00am CST (China)
Saturday March 30, 2019 5.00-6.00pm EST (USA)
————————INSTRUCTIONS FOR JOINING THE RESOURCE CALL—————————
Dial into the conference call:
Dial-in number: (712)-775-7031 - United States
Access Code: 224637
International Dial-in numbers: https://www.freeconferencecall.com/wall/12thstep/#international
Join the online PowerPoint presentation: https://join.freeconferencecall.com/12thstep
12th Step Committee
12th Step Resources and Service Opportunities
The term, “Living on the Frontier” refers to members who are far away from an established fellowship. To add your name to or receive a copy of the Frontier Member List, send an email to email@example.com. The requirements and a list of information requested will be sent to you.
The FA Long-Distance Sponsor List is a helpful resource for members living at least 100 miles /161 km from an FA meeting. Members on this list may be available for long-distance sponsorship, or they can help you find someone with time available.
- Receive a copy of the Long-Distance Sponsor List. Click on the underscored email address: firstname.lastname@example.org and type “Send Me the FA Long-Distance Sponsor List" in the email subject line. The requirements will be sent to you.
- Volunteer to do service by being listed on the Long-Distance Sponsor List.
Two ways to sign up:
1. Click on: http://bit.ly/1mJaBKt
2. Click on the underscored email address: email@example.com
The Universal Language List is a list of FA members who have some ability to speak a language other than English. There is no abstinence requirement to be on the list. The requirements and a list of information will be sent to you.
- Receive a copy of the Universal Language List. Click on the underscored email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. and type “Send me the FA Universal Language List" in the email subject line.
- Volunteer to do service by being listed on the Universal Language List. Click on the underscored email address: email@example.com and type “I want to do service” in the email subject line.
The Gratitude in Action Newsletter is a free, quarterly email publication of the WSI 12th Step Committee, offering tools and resources within FA to inspire you to do service. Members receive copies by email when they register on the FA website.
- To view past issues of Gratitude in Action, visit Newsletters.
- To send in a submission or feedback to Gratitude in Action: GIA@foodaddicts.org
Thank-a-thons are special gratitude-themed FA Meetings held in the U.S. on Thanksgiving Day. Everyone is welcome to attend. Click here for more information on Thank-a-thons