EAI Meeting Report
MONTHLY INTERGROUP REPORT: DECEMBER 2019
*Please scroll to the bottom of this page for a printer-friendly version of the EAI Report. Please click here to see the details from December’s Body Meeting, as well as the Deep Dive presentation from the ByLaws committee. Please click here for the EAI Attendee Phone List, which includes fellows available to sponsor.
**Please send questions or ideas regarding the EAI report to Jen H. at email@example.com
***International Fellows: We are happy to share your local phone list in this report. Email Jen H. firstname.lastname@example.org.
NEXT EAI MEETING: JANUARY 12, 2020
PLEASE JOIN US at our new TIME! The next Eastern Area Intergroup (EAI) meeting will be on Sunday, January 12, 2020 at 9am EDT. Join the monthly Body meeting in person at the VA Hospital, 1400 VFW Parkway, West Roxbury, Massachusetts (MA). OR, for those not local to the meeting in MA, please join us remotely on any smartphone or laptop. It's easy to log in and you get to enjoy an audio and visual experience of our Intergroup Sunday morning meeting via GoToMeeting. Please see the EAI IT Committee Report for instructions on how to connect remotely.
NEXT EAI QUARTERLY CALL DATE
Sunday, January 19, 2020 at 8:00am EDT. ***NEW Dial-In Information***
- US Dial-In Number: 605-313-5893 / Access code: 244302#
- International Numbers: click here to find the number by country / Access code: 244302#
Topic will be determined. Please contact Jen H. at email@example.com with any questions.
MEETING HEALTH QUESTION
Have you considered utilizing a recorded FA Qualification to listen to when your meeting is smaller and needs a story to relate to? Download them easily from the FA website for personal or meeting use anytime! There are also some free FA qualifications available via Podcasts. Search“Food Addicts in Recovery Anonymous” on the Podcast app on your SmartPhone and subscribe.
Financial Aid and Resource Committee: Jennifer N., firstname.lastname@example.org
- It is the time of year that each meeting selects a voting member to attend the WSBC in June. Eastern Area Intergroup wants all voting members to be aware that financial aid is available if they are in need. Applications can be found on the EAI Financial aid page of the FA website. If you have questions or concerns you can contact the Financial Aid and Resources chair at email@example.com.
Treasurer, Katie M.: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Did you know that if you're on an EAI Committee and you need literature for an event you can ask the Chair of your committee if it's in the budget? For example: when fellows go on outreaches in high schools and colleges organized by the Teens & Twenties committee, the literature that is shared with the students and staff is paid for by the Committee.
COMMITTEE CONTACT INFORMATION AND REPORTS
Public Information, Lisa B.: email@example.com
- Join us on Sunday, January 12th when members of the EAI PI Committee will be available prior to the start of the regular committee meeting to answer questions for PI Reps or any other fellow with PI-related questions. Join us on January 12th at 7:30am EST for a 30-minute call. The committee meeting will follow at 8:00am. ***New*** Join by clicking this link for GoToMeeting: https://www.gotomeet.me/EAIPI. Please see the EAI IT Committee Report for instructions on how to join using the EAI PI Meeting ID: 817-097-509 and phone number: 872-240-3412. All are welcome to join us!!!
- Massachusetts/RI/NH/VT HCSS outreach: We are continuing our campaign to find opportunities to present the HCSS in the medical community and we need your help! We would like to ask PI reps at Massachusetts meetings to announce at their meetings that the HCSS exists and when fellows have an appointment with a health care provider (HCP) to mention this and let their HCP know they can have a presentation of the slideshow at their office during their lunch hour. We have a projector and qualified FA members in the area to do the presentation, we just need a light colored wall to show the slides. If you have any interest from your HCP, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can make the arrangements.
- Calling all EAI PI Reps!! We invite you to click here to check out the updated EAI PI Committee webpage.
Service Support Committee, Anita F.: email@example.com
Monthly Local Service Group Meetings: (Times listed below are EDT.)
- Metro Atlanta, GA: 2nd Saturday 11:40am-12:10pm – Contact: Rosa at 404-308-8187
- Southeast Michigan: Last Thursday of the month 8:15pm, Contact: Linda at 248-320-6842
- Charlotte, NC: 3rd Saturday – Contact: Margaret M. at firstname.lastname@example.org
- DC Area: 3rd Sunday, 10:30am-11:30am - Contact: Akia at 757-729-0121
- Rochester, NY: 2nd Saturday, 10:15am-11am – Contact: Jeanne U. at email@example.com
- Ithaca, NY: 4th Saturday, 11am-12pm – Contact: Paula K. at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Philadelphia, PA: 2nd Saturday, 7:45am-8:45am – Contact: Abigail H. at email@example.com
- Louisville, KY: 3rd Monday, 8pm-8:30pm – Contact: Annie K. at firstname.lastname@example.org
- West Michigan: 2nd Saturday 9:45am – Contact: Karin D. at 616-464-3328
- Southwest FL: 3rd Tuesday, 6:00pm-6:45pm – Contact: Barbara S. at 239-410-0081
Teens and Twenties, Ann Marie S., email@example.com
- EAI Teens & Twenties Kit Now Available on the FA Website! You can now access a detailed Kit HERE on the FA Teens and Twenties website for a one-stop-shop venue for all information one would need to execute an FA Informational Outreach at a local high school or college from start to finish. You can also find it on the FA website by inputting Teens and Twenties Kit in the search box.
- Please join us for the Teens & Twenties Committee Meeting at 8:00am EDT on Intergroup Sunday!
**NEW** Use GoToMeeting.com or the GoToMeeting App on your smartphone and enter Meeting Number 908-494-685. For phone only, call 872-240-3212 and Access Code 908-494-685.
EAI IT: Cynthia R., firstname.lastname@example.org
If you can't attend the EAI meeting in West Roxbury, MA…Join the EAI Body Meeting remotely via GoToMeeting using the options below:
- Use your laptop or computer to join via GoToMeeting.com. Input the Meeting number: 805-634-429 and join on the web. Select your audio option:
-Use computer audio. TIP: You'll sound best using a headset with a microphone.
-Use phone. Select the country from which you are calling. Using your phone, enter in the phone number, Access Code, and Audio Pin listed. If your country is not listed, please join the meeting via the GoToMeeting mobile app on your smart phone.
- Use the GoToMeeting mobile app on your smart phone. Download the app from the App Store or Google Play. Open the app from your smart phone and input the Meeting number: 805-634-429 then click Join. Use internet for audio options, which will connect you over WiFi.
- For AUDIO ONLY (not recommended), use your phone to dial 646-749-3129. When prompted, input Access Code 805-634-429 and Audio PIN 27.
Join the EAI Attendee Phone List! A phone list of fellows who attended EAI either in person or remotely will be generated and distributed to all EAI attendees, EAI Contacts, members of the EAI frontier after the EAI meeting. To join the Attendee Phone List, go to http://bit.ly/eaimeeting and input your first name, last initial, city, state, country, phone number (555-555-5555 for US numbers or +55 55 555 5555 for international numbers), email address, and check the box if you are available to sponsor. Please note that your email address will NOT be shared on the Attendee Phone List. The phone list is a great way to connect with other EAI fellows!
Office: Andrea L., email@example.com
- Join us on Intergroup Sunday at 8:00am EST. ***New*** Join by clicking this link for GoToMeeting: https://www.gotomeet.me/EAIOffice. Please see the EAI IT Committee Report for instructions on how to join using the EAI Office Meeting ID: 367-717-797 and phone number: 571-317-3122.
Service Support Weekend Planning Committee: Cayce K., firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join us on Intergroup Sunday at 8:00am EST. **NEW** Use GoToMeeting.com or the GoToMeeting App on your smartphone and enter Meeting Number 645-560-053. For phone only, call 669-224-3412 and Access Code 645-560-053.
12th Step, Lou C., email@example.com
Join us on Intergroup Sunday at 8:00am EDT. **New** Join by clicking this link for GoToMeeting: https://www.gotomeet.me/EAI12thStep. Please see the EAI IT Committee Report for instructions on how to join using the 12th Step Meeting ID: 278-060-701 and phone number: 408-650-3123.
OFFICERS/CHAIRS WITH NO REPORTS
Chair: Christine W., firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice Chair: Jen H., email@example.com
Secretary: Tricia H., firstname.lastname@example.org
Bylaws Committee, Evelyn C.: email@example.com