EAI Meeting Report
MONTHLY INTERGROUP REPORT: FEBRUARY 2019
*Please scroll to the bottom of this page for a printer-friendly version of the EAI Report.
**Please send questions or ideas regarding the EAI report to Jen H. at email@example.com
***International fellows: we are happy to share your local phone list in this report. Email Jen H. firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Voting results from February’s EAI meeting are as follows:
Motion 1: Proposed adding . . . “and individual binge foods”
- 23 Yes; 12 No
Motion 2: Propose deleting “of self-centeredness and” from the first sentence
- 15 Yes; 22 No
Motion 3: Propose deleting “Humility is essential for our recovery”
- 14 Yes; 23 No
A ⅔ majority vote by the EAI body is required to move motions presented by a meeting to be heard at WSI Business Convention. Motion 1 missed this ⅔ majority by 1 vote. The EAI Executive Board can also unilaterally present motions to the WSI Board. In this instance the EAI Executive Board felt moved to own Motion 1, and per the EAI Bylaws submitted Motion 1 to WSI. The WSI Bylaw chair has received Motion 1. WSI Conference voting members will soon have their opportunity to vote if this motion should be heard at the Business Convention. Stay tuned!
NEXT EAI QUARTERLY CALL DATE
Sunday, April 14, 2019 at 8:00 am EST. Dial in info: Dial 515-603-3104 / Access Code 288741#. Theme: TBD. Please contact Jen H. at email@example.com with any questions.
MEETING HEALTH QUESTION
Do you consistently arrive 10 minutes early to your meetings to help greet newcomers and set up the room?
PUBLIC INFORMATION SESSION ANNOUNCEMENT
Joint session sponsored by the Braintree, Sharon, and Weymouth meetings.
Saturday, March 30, 2019
Emmanuel Parish Church
519 Washington Street
Braintree, MA 02184
Please join us for lunch at noon followed by meeting at 2pm.
COMMITTEE CONTACT INFORMATION AND REPORTS
Public Information, Lisa G.: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join us on Sunday, March 10th when members of the EAI PI Committee will be available prior to the start of the regular committee meeting to answer questions for PI Reps or any other fellow with PI-related questions. Join us on March 10th at 9:15am EST for a 30-minute call. The dial-in number is 605-475-4000 and the access code is 1066681# The committee meeting will follow at 9:45am. All are welcome to join us!!!
- There is a new email address for inquiries on the new FA Healthcare Slideshow. If you have a possible venue at which to present the slideshow, or if you (or your service group) would like to see it using GoToMeeting, please email Eric M. at email@example.com. Eric will be happy to take you through the process. We have had several presentations of it by FA members and the feedback has been positive.
Service Support Committee, Cayce K.: firstname.lastname@example.org
Monthly Local Service Group Meetings:
- Metro Atlanta, GA: 2nd Saturday 11:40am-12:10pm – Contact: Rosa at 404-308-8187
- Southeast Michigan: Last Thursday of the month 8:15pm, Contact: Linda at 248-320-6842 for conference call details.
- Charlotte, NC: 3rd Saturday – Contact: Margaret M. at email@example.com
- DC Area: 3rd Sunday, 10:30am-11:30am - Contact: Pam N. at FAPamN1@gmail.com
- Rochester, NY: 2nd Saturday, 10:15am-11am – Contact: Jeanne U. at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ithaca, NY: 4th Saturday, 11am-12pm – Contact: Paula K. at email@example.com
- Philadelphia, PA: 2nd Saturday, 7:45am-8:45am – Contact: Abigail H. at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Louisville, KY: 3rd Monday, 8pm-8:30pm – Contact: Annie K. at email@example.com
- West Michigan: 2nd Saturday 9:45am – Contact: Karin D. at 616-464-3328
- Southwest FL: 3rd Tuesday, 6:00pm-6:45pm – Contact: Barbara S. at 239-410-0081
12th Step, Glenny D.: firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t forget our FA fellows on the frontier! Use the Long Distance Phone List located on the literature table at your local meeting. You can also receive a copy by emailing email@example.com. You can add your name to the list by going to the FA website, click on “members”, then “12th step”. At the drop down menu click on “frontier phone list”.
You can attend the 12th step committee meeting remotely by dialing 605-475-4000. The access code is 1059315#. The meeting starts at 9:45am on Sunday, March 10.
Teens and Twenties, Ann Marie S., firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please join us for the Teens & Twenties Committee Meeting at 9:45am EST on Intergroup Sunday!
Conference Call Line: 605-475-4700 / Access Code 293738#.
- For those interested in joining the T&T Committee meeting via video-conferencing, please contact Ann Marie S. at: email@example.com.
OFFICERS/CHAIRS WITH NO REPORT
Chair: Christine W., firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice Chair: Jen H., email@example.com
Treasurer: Katie M., firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary: Jean P., email@example.com
Office: Andrea L., firstname.lastname@example.org
EAI IT: Cynthia R., email@example.com
Bylaws: Evelyn C., firstname.lastname@example.org
Financial Aid and Resources Committee: Anita F., email@example.com
Service Support Weekend Planning Committee: Gabe E., firstname.lastname@example.org