EAI Meeting Report
MONTHLY INTERGROUP REPORT: JUNE 2019
*Please scroll to the bottom of this page for a printer-friendly version of the EAI Report.
**Please send questions or ideas regarding the EAI report to Jen H. at firstname.lastname@example.org
***International fellows: we are happy to share your local phone list in this report. Email Jen H. email@example.com.
NEXT EAI MEETING: SEPTEMBER 8, 2019 (AUGUST RECESS)
PLEASE JOIN US at our new TIME! The next Eastern Area Intergroup (EAI) meeting will be on Sunday, September 8, 2019 at 9am EDT. Join the monthly Body meeting in person at the VA Hospital, 1400 VFW Parkway, West Roxbury, Massachusetts (MA). OR, for those not local to the meeting in MA, please join us remotely on any smartphone or laptop. It's easy to log in and you get to enjoy an audio and visual experience of our Intergroup Sunday morning meeting via GoToMeeting.com. Here is how...
In order to join the meeting remotely, please log on to this website: GoToMeeting.com: Click the “Join a Meeting” button on and type the Meeting number 805-634-429. Or join via your smartphone: Phone Number: 646-749-3129 Access Code: 805-634-429 Audio PIN: 27 Any questions or help needed, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
NEXT EAI QUARTERLY CALL DATE
Sunday, July 21, 2019 at 8:00am EDT. Dial in info: Dial 515-603-3104 / Access Code 288741#. Topic will be addressing ways to help meeting strength. Please contact Jen H. at email@example.com with any questions.
MEETING HEALTH QUESTION
The following is a message from EAI's new Service Support Weekend Planning Committee Chair:
Dear all EAI Fellowships:
Want to experience EAI in your own town? We are taking EAI on the road to a city near you! The Service Support Weekend Planning Committee will be looking for one lucky fellowship to host our annual Service Support Weekend in the fall of 2020! Look for a Request for Proposal to hit your email inboxes by mid- July with a deadline in late September!
Don’t fret! Our committee will work alongside your fellowship to plan this amazing service-oriented weekend and we encourage any LSG, Chapter, or Meeting to apply!
Our committee is also looking for members to serve on our committee! If you have a passion for planning, creativity, and enjoy helping others, than this is the committee for you! Please consider joining in-person or via phone for our next meeting Sunday, July 14, 2019 at 8am EDT! The dial-in number is 605-475-3215 and the access code is 871790#. Looking forward to hearing from you soon!
Yours in Service,
Cayce K., Chair of Service Support Weekend Planning Committee
COMMITTEE CONTACT INFORMATION AND REPORTS
Public Information, Lisa G.: firstname.lastname@example.org
****NOTE NEW TIME FOR OUR EARLIER CALL*******
- Join us on Sunday, July 14, when members of the EAI PI Committee will be available prior to the start of the regular committee meeting to answer questions for PI Reps or any other fellow with PI-related questions. Join us on July 14 at 7:30am EDT for a 30-minute call. The dial-in number is 605-475-4000 and the access code is 1066681# The committee meeting will follow at 8:00am EDT. All are welcome to join us!!!
- Massachusetts HCSS outreach: We are continuing our campaign to find opportunities to present the HCSS in the medical community and we need your help! We would like to ask PI reps at Massachusetts meetings to announce at their meetings that the HCSS exists and when fellows have an appt. with a health care provider (HCP) to mention this and let their HCP know they can have a presentation of the slideshow at their office during their lunch hour. We have a projector and qualified FA members in the area to do the presentation, we just need a light colored wall to show the slides. If you have any interest from your HCP, please email
email@example.com and we can make the arrangements.
Service Support Committee, Anita F.: firstname.lastname@example.org
Monthly Local Service Group Meetings: (Times listed below are EDT.)
- Metro Atlanta, GA: 2nd Saturday 11:40am-12:10pm – Contact: Rosa at 404-308-8187
- Southeast Michigan: Last Thursday of the month 8:15pm, Contact: Linda at 248-320-6842 for conference call details.
- Charlotte, NC: 3rd Saturday – Contact: Margaret M. at email@example.com
- DC Area: 3rd Sunday, 10:30am-11:30am - Contact: Akia at 757-729-0121
- Rochester, NY: 2nd Saturday, 10:15am-11am – Contact: Jeanne U. at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ithaca, NY: 4th Saturday, 11am-12pm – Contact: Paula K. at email@example.com
- Philadelphia, PA: 2nd Saturday, 7:45am-8:45am – Contact: Abigail H. at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Louisville, KY: 3rd Monday, 8pm-8:30pm – Contact: Annie K. at email@example.com
- West Michigan: 2nd Saturday 9:45am – Contact: Karin D. at 616-464-3328
- Southwest FL: 3rd Tuesday, 6:00pm-6:45pm – Contact: Barbara S. at 239-410-0081
12th Step, Glenny D.: firstname.lastname@example.org
The 12th step committee is initiating an orientation for those wanting to attend the EAI meeting remotely and have never done it or who may have questions. If you or anyone you know is interested in learning more, please email email@example.com
If you would like to participate in our committee meeting remotely, dial 605-475-4000 / Access Code 1059315# at 8:00am EDT. Next meeting is on Sunday, July 14, 2019 at 8:00am EDT.
Teens and Twenties, Ann Marie S., firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please join us for the Teens & Twenties Committee Meeting at 8:00am EDT on Intergroup Sunday!
Conference Call Line: 605-475-4700 / Access Code 293738#.
- For those interested in joining the T&T Committee meeting via video-conferencing, please contact Ann Marie S. at: email@example.com.
OFFICERS/CHAIRS WITH NO REPORT
Chair: Christine W., firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice Chair: Jen H., email@example.com
Treasurer: Katie M., firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary: Deb F., email@example.com
Office: Andrea L., firstname.lastname@example.org
EAI IT: Cynthia R., email@example.com
Bylaws: Evelyn C., firstname.lastname@example.org
Financial Aid and Resources Committee: Jennifer N., email@example.com
Service Support Weekend Planning Committee: Cayce K., firstname.lastname@example.org