Welcome to Eastern Area Intergroup
FA Eastern Area Intergroup (FA-EAI, Inc.)
Donation to EAI
For instructions to make a donation to EAI Click here
NEXT EAI MEETING and LOCATION
The next EAI meeting is Sunday, March 11, 2018 at the VA Hospital, 1400 VFW Parkway, West Roxbury, MA.
2+ hours away from Intergroup? Join a committee by phone from 9:45am-10:30am EST or our body meeting by online conference 10:45-11:45am EST. Dial-in details for Service Group Support, Public Information, and Teens and Twenties are below and at foodaddicts.org/eastern-area-intergroup. To join the body meeting remotely, please contact email@example.com at least one week prior to the Intergroup meeting.
EAI MEETING DATES
April 8, May 6, June 10, July 8, August – RECESS, September 9, October 12-14, Fellowship Convention, Tampa, FL, November 4, December 9.
NEXT EAI QUARTERLY CALL DATE:
Sunday, April 22, 2018 at 8:00am EST. Dial in info: Dial 515-603-3104 / Access Code 288741#.
Future 2018 scheduled calls: 8:00am Sunday, July 22, 8:00am Sunday, October 21. Please send discussion topics suggestions to Christine W: firstname.lastname@example.org.
MONTHLY INTERGROUP REPORT: FEBRUARY 2018
Click here for a printer-friendly version of the EAI Report.
MEETING HEALTH QUESTION:
Does your meeting start on time? Are members arriving 10 minutes early to set-up and greet newcomers?
Courtney T., Chair: email@example.com
This has been an active time for members of FA-EAI, and your meeting’s EAI contact has certainly been earning their keep by reading and acting on extra emails. This season has demonstrated the vital importance of EAI contacts as a link with the Intergroup.
There are two open online surveys. We hope your meeting will participate if you haven’t already:
- Meeting insurance survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/MeetingInsurance
- Conference Member Survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ConferenceMembership
- Meeting insurance: THANK YOU for your patience during the great Meeting Insurance Conundrum of 2018. The insurance company agreed to sell us a policy for this calendar year, and although we are still finalizing the contract, I am confident that we are covered for 2018. Note: in order to ensure coverage, meetings are advised to maintain and update a signed rental lease confirming the day and time of their weekly meetings.
- If you haven’t yet done so, please let us know your meeting’s insurance needs by filling out the relevant portions of this survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/MeetingInsurance.
- With 11 voting members in favor and 32 opposed, the EAI Assembly decided not to forward to Convention the Main Motion proposal regarding voting eligibility, but the conversation sparked strong interest in how to increase Conference membership and support Frontier members. If you would like to get involved with service on either topic, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
CALLS FOR SERVICE:
- OUTSIDE OF BOSTON:
- We hope each meeting who did not elect a World Service Business Conference member this year will fill out an informational survey to help EAI gather comprehensive data on this issue and explore, together, ways we can address it. You can find the survey at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ConferenceMembership.
- Boston-area: The PI Committee seeks a Health Fair Coordinator for one or two Boston-area events this spring. Please email email@example.com.
- OPEN EAI SERVICE POSITIONS:
- We welcome nominations for the roles of EAI Chair and EAI Vice Chair. Nominations due: April 8. Voting: May 6. Position starts July 8. Candidates will be asked to complete a written questionnaire and make a brief statement to the EAI Body. To learn more or receive the questionnaire, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Various Committee chair positions will open this spring and we are always looking for new trusted servants at all levels. Committee Chairs are appointed by the Executive Committee. In some cases, it is possible for Committee Chair positions to be carried out remotely. Please be in touch to learn more: email@example.com
- The Calendar Posting Database lists free online sites to post your meeting announcements. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for a link.
- Send your college an email about FA. It takes 5 minutes! Email email@example.com for the template.
- If you see a blog or article with comment section) about food addiction, email Blogwatch@foodaddicts.org. They will post a Board-approved comment.
- Intergroup first-timers: let us know you’re coming so we can be on the lookout for you at the 9:45am Orientation in Barsamian Auditorium. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Planning to visit EAI from out of town? Locals are happy to host you overnight! Email email@example.com
- International Fellows: we are happy to share your local phone list in this report. Email Christine W. firstname.lastname@example.org.
COMMITTEE CONTACT INFORMATION AND REPORTS
Service Group Support Committee, Gabe E.: email@example.com
Please join the EAI quarterly call discussion about Service Support Weekend in combination with the Fellowship Convention in October 2018.
If you are 2+ hours away you can attend our meeting via conference call at 9:45am on Intergroup morning: 605-475-3215 then enter 871790#
Monthly Local Service Group Meetings:
- Metro Atlanta, GA: 2nd Saturday 11:40am-12:10pm – Contact: Rosa at 404-308-8187
- Southeast Michigan: Last Thursday of the month 8:15pm, Contact: Linda at 248-320-6842 for conference call details.
- Charlotte, NC: 3rd Saturday – Contact: Margaret M. at firstname.lastname@example.org
- DC Area: 3rd Sunday, 10:30am-11:30am - Contact: Pam N. at FAPamN1@gmail.com
- Rochester, NY: 2nd Saturday, 10:15am-11am – Contact: Jeanne U. at email@example.com
- Ithaca, NY: 4th Saturday, 11am-12pm – Contact: Paula K. at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Philadelphia, PA: 2nd Sunday, 8:30am-9:30am – Contact: Abigail H. at email@example.com
- Louisville, KY: 3rd Monday, 8pm-8:30pm – Contact: Annie K. at firstname.lastname@example.org
- West Michigan: 2nd Saturday 9:45am – Contact: Karin D. at 616-464-3328
- Southwest FL: 3rd Tuesday, 6:00pm-6:45pm – Contact: Barbara S. at 239-410-0081
Financial Aid and Resources Committee, Anita F: email@example.com
- Voting members in need of financial aid for the upcoming WSBC should have submitted their applications by Feb 1st. Applicants will receive aid notifications by Feb 21st. If you have any questions please contact the EAI-FAR committee by firstname.lastname@example.org.
Office, Andrea L.: email@example.com
Have ideas about the EAI page on the website? Please join the office committee as we discuss ways to use the EAI page and make it more useful for the member/newcomer. Join us by dialing in March 11 at 9:45AM EST #712-775-7035 Access Code 152370
- If you or someone you know is not receiving the EAI report, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We can help!
Public Information, Lisa.: email@example.com
Join us on Sunday March 11 when members of the EAI PI Committee will be available prior to the start of the regular committee meeting to answer questions for PI Reps or any other fellow with PI-related questions. Join us on March 11th at 9:15am EST for a 30 minute call. The dial-in number is 605-475-4000 and the access code is 1066681#. The committee meeting will follow at 9:45am. All are welcome to join us!
Calling all Boston-area PI Reps!! Let's get together and spread the word about FA recovery. Please join us on March 11 at 9:45am in the 1st Floor conference room at the VA Hospital in West Roxbury. Working together we can carry the message to the still suffering food addict and strengthen our own recovery! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to share your ideas.
Call for Service!! The EAI PI Committee is still looking for a fellow who would like to take on the position of Health Fair Coordinator. We have two events in the greater Boston are coming up in the Spring of 2018 and we are looking for help with organizing our participation in these events. Please email email@example.com if you are interested. Join us in spreading the word about FA recovery!!
Teens and Twenties, Ann Marie S.: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you'd like to send a letter to your college to inform them ways FA can provide them with information and literature about FA please contact the Chair at: email@example.com for guidance on filling out the College Outreach Template Email. You can conference in on Intergroup Sunday at 9:45am meeting dial-in: 605.475.4700 and Access Code 293738#
12th Step, Reggie M., Chair: firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you reading the EAI report at your monthly business meeting? It is full of good information in support of FA fellows such a Local Support Groups, Public Information and information for Teens and Twenties.
OFFICERS/CHAIRS WITH NO REPORTS
Secretary: Michelle S. email@example.com
Treasurer: Katie M. firstname.lastname@example.org
Bylaws, Evelyn C. email@example.com