Welcome to Eastern Area Intergroup
FA Eastern Area Intergroup (FA-EAI, Inc.)
FA Eastern Area Intergroup (FA-EAI, Inc.)
PO Box 490551, Everett, MA 02149
Donation to EAI
For instructions to make a donation to EAI Click here
NEXT EAI MEETING and LOCATION
The next EAI meeting is Sunday, July 9, 2017 at the VA Hospital, 1400 VFW Parkway, West Roxbury, MA.
If you are 2+ hours away from Intergroup please consider joining Service Group Support, Public Information, or Teens and Twenties Committee meetings via conference call from 9:45am-10:30am EST. Dial-in details are listed under specific committees below. Also, please consider joining the Body Meeting via web conference at 10:45am-11:45am. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday before Intergroup Weekend.
2017 EAI MEETING DATES
August Recess, September 10, October 15, November 4-5 (Service Support Weekend), December 10.
2017 EAI QUARTERLY CALL DATES:
Sunday, July 23, 2017 at 8:00am EST. Dial in info: Dial 712-432-1500 / Access Code 288741#.
Note the time change to accommodate international EAI members. We wish to hear from the international FA members and understand their struggles and successes in working FA in the frontier. If you have any suggestions for discussion topics, please email Christine W: email@example.com.
MONTHLY INTERGROUP REPORT: JUNE 2017
MEETING HEALTH QUESTION:
Does your meeting use the new FA 2017 conference approved meeting format? You will find it at foodaddicts.org by clicking on the "Meetings" tab and then choosing "Meeting Guidelines." It is entitled "Document 4: Sample FA Meeting Format." Your meeting can receive a Microsoft Word version of the format to personalize with your meeting details by firstname.lastname@example.org and stating in the message that you want the meeting format sent to you as a Word document.
Courtney G., Chair: email@example.com
- July will be a special EAI meeting, in that it is our chance to welcome new committee chairs and wrap up our efforts before the August recess.
- If you are attending Intergroup for the first time, please consider letting us know ahead of time, so we can be on the lookout for you at the Orientation at 9:45am in Barsamian Auditorium. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We are glad to welcome Ann Marie S. as the new chair of Teens and Twenties. Open board positions: Bylaws Chair and Public Information Chair. Per the EAI Bylaws, Committee chairs are appointed by the EAI Board for a 2-year term, which can be renewed once. If you or someone you know with three years of abstinence, completion of one AWOL and ongoing involvement in AWOL is interested in taking on this kind of service, please contact Courtney at email@example.com.
- Web and Directory Contacts: Please log into your FA profile and compare your personal information with the details listed in your meeting trifold. You can find this in the EAI section of the website by clicking “Office” and then “EAI Meeting Directory and Trifolds." The direct link is: https://www.foodaddicts.org/eastern-area-intergroup/EAI-meeting-directory-tri-folds. If there are any discrepancies, please update your information on your profile page or submit a meeting change request form. Questions? firstname.lastname@example.org
- Save the date: November 4-5, 2017 is the EAI Service Support Weekend at the Holiday Inn in Dedham, MA.
Click here for a printer-friendly version of the EAI Report.
COMMITTEE CONTACT INFORMATION AND REPORTS
Service Group Support Committee
Please save the date: Service Support Weekend will be held on November 4th and November 5th, 2017 at the Holiday Inn in Dedham, MA. More details to follow as the date gets closer.
If you are 2+ hours away you can attend our meeting via conference call at 9:45am on Intergroup morning: 605-475-3215 then enter 871790#
Monthly Local Service Group Meetings:
- Metro Atlanta, GA: 2nd Saturday 11:40am-12:10pm. Contact: Rosa at 404-308-8187
- Southeast Michigan: Last Thursday of the month 8:15pm, Contact: Linda at 248-320-6842 for conference call details.
- Charlotte, NC: 3rd Saturday – Contact: Margaret M. at email@example.com
- Washington, DC: 2nd Sunday, 10:15am-11:30am – Contact: Pam N. at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rochester, NY: 2nd Saturday, 10:15am-11am – Contact: Jeanne U. at email@example.com
- Ithaca, NY: 4th Saturday, 11am-12pm – Contact: Paula K. at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Philadelphia, PA: 2nd Sunday, 8:30am-9:30am – Contact: Abigail H. at email@example.com
- Owensboro, KY: 3rd Friday, 5pm-5:45pm – Contact: Annie K. at firstname.lastname@example.org
- West Michigan: 2nd Saturday 9:45am – Contact: Karin D. at 616-464-3328
- Southwest FL: 3rd Tuesday, 6:00pm-6:45pm – Contact: Barbara S. at 239-410-0081
Financial Aid and Resources Committee
Anita F.: email@example.com
Andrea L.: firstname.lastname@example.org
- EAI now welcomes long-distance participants to its body meetings! If you or your local service group is located 2+ hours away from intergroup and is interested in participating remotely, please contact email@example.com.
- If you or someone you know is not receiving the EAI report, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We can help!
- Ideas for PI efforts in meetings:
- Listing local FA meetings in local media, especially newspapers.
- Racks programs, sponsored and managed,Newspaper stories.
- Providing and periodically announcing letters to HCP and Clergy
- Providing and periodically announcing the Health Care Brochure
- FA table at local health fairs
- Donating FA books to libraries
- Join our committee meeting in person at Inter group Sunday or dial at 9:45am. Meeting dial-in: 605.475.4000 and Access Code 1066681#
Teens and Twenties
Ann Marie S..: email@example.com
- You can conference in on Intergroup Sunday at 9:45am meeting dial-in: 605.475.4700 and Access Code 293738#
Reggie M., Chair: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you like meeting new people? Do you enjoy traveling with FA fellows? Maybe your FA group should consider a road trip to support another FA meeting! It is great fun, well worth the time and effort and is guaranteed to make your FA program stronger!
- We are taking a meeting into a Massachusetts FA member's home weekly. Please contact Reggie M for details at email@example.com.
Bylaws: Kathleen M. firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary: Michelle S. email@example.com
Treasurer: Katie M. firstname.lastname@example.org