Welcome to Eastern Area Intergroup
FA Eastern Area Intergroup (FA-EAI, Inc.)
FA Eastern Area Intergroup (FA-EAI, Inc.)
PO Box 490551, Everett, MA 02149
Donation to EAI
For instructions to make a donation to EAI Click here
NEXT EAI MEETING and LOCATION
The next EAI meeting is Sunday, June 11, 2017 at the VA Hospital, 1400 VFW Parkway, West Roxbury, MA.
If you are 2+ hours away from Intergroup please consider joining Service Group Support, Public Information, or Teens and Twenties Committee meetings via conference call from 9:45am-10:30am EST. Dial-in details are listed under specific committees below. Also, please consider joining the Body Meeting via web conference at 10:45am-11:45am. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday before Intergroup Weekend.
2017 EAI MEETING DATES
July 9, August Recess, September 10, October 15, November 4-5 (Service Support Weekend), December 10.
2017 EAI QUARTERLY CALL DATES:
Sunday, July 23, 2017 at 1pm EST. Dial in info: Dial 712-432-1500 / Access Code 288741#.
If you have any suggestions for discussion topics, please email Christine W: email@example.com.
MONTHLY INTERGROUP REPORT: MAY 2017
MEETING HEALTH QUESTION:
Have you talked to your sponsor and/or sponsee's about how to take care of yourself during and after the FA Convention ? Not going to the convention....How about temporarily sponsoring FA members whose sponsor is at the convention? Or going to an extra FA non-convention meeting on Saturday or Sunday?
Courtney G., Chair: firstname.lastname@example.org
On Friday June 2, the Chelsea Friday 10am meeting will be held in the auditorium at the Whidden Hospital in Everett. This location change will accommodate the large number convention attendees visiting this meeting.
The Concord Friday 9am meeting will be held at its regular place, West Concord Union Church on Convention Friday. Convention attendees are encouraged to visit.
Volunteers with 6+ months of abstinence are needed to help with greeting and registration.
If you have 90 days of abstinence and can provide rides for out-or-town attendees, lodging before and after the Convention, or shared space in your hotel room, please sign up on the online ride and lodging list.
Hotel rooms are completely sold out at the Doubletree by Hilton in Danvers, MA. If you need a room, please call the Hampton Inn or the Homewood Suites, both in Peabody, MA. If you have reservations you no longer plan to use, or if you are still looking to book a room, please email email@example.com, rather than the hotel.
Convention registrants should have received an email on April 2 with detailed information, including a draft agenda, Convention motions, and details about conference calls on May 18 and May 20 for Voting Members to learn about the motions. If you did not receive that email, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Katie M. was elected the EAI Treasurer! And Ann Marie S. is our new Teens and Twenties Chair! Congratulations to them both we are grateful for their service!
- Web and Directory Contacts: Please log into your FA profile and compare your personal information with the details listed in your meeting trifold. You can find this in the EAI section of the website by clicking “Office” and then “EAI Meeting Directory and Trifolds. The direct link is: https://www.foodaddicts.org/eastern-area-intergroup/EAI-meeting-directory-tri-folds. If there are any discrepancies, please update your information on your profile page or submit a meeting change request form. Questions? email@example.com
- Save the date: November 4-5, 2017 is the EAI Service Support Weekend at the Holiday Inn in Dedham, MA.
Click here for a printer-friendly version of the EAI Report.
COMMITTEE CONTACT INFORMATION AND REPORTS
Service Group Support Committee
Please save the date: Service Support Weekend will be held on November 4th and November 5th, 2017 at the Holiday Inn in Dedham, MA. More details to follow as the date gets closer.
If you are 2+ hours away you can attend our meeting via conference call at 9:45am on Intergroup morning: 605-475-3215 then enter 871790#
Monthly Local Service Group Meetings:
- Metro Atlanta, GA: 2nd Saturday 11:40am-12:10pm. Contact: Rosa at 404-308-8187
- Southeast Michigan: Last Thursday of the month 8:15pm, Contact: Linda at 248-320-6842 for conference call details.
- Charlotte, NC: 3rd Saturday – Contact: Margaret M. at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Washington, DC: 2nd Sunday, 10:15am-11:30am – Contact: Pam N. at email@example.com
- Rochester, NY: 2nd Saturday, 10:15am-11am – Contact: Jeanne U. at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ithaca, NY: 4th Saturday, 11am-12pm – Contact: Paula K. at email@example.com
- Philadelphia, PA: 2nd Sunday, 8:30am-9:30am – Contact: Abigail H. at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Owensboro, KY: 3rd Friday, 5pm-5:45pm – Contact: Annie K. at email@example.com
- West Michigan: 2nd Saturday 9:45am – Contact: Karin D. at 616-464-3328
- Southwest FL: 3rd Tuesday, 6:00pm-6:45pm – Contact: Barbara S. at 239-410-0081
Financial Aid and Resources Committee
Anita F.: firstname.lastname@example.org
Andrea L.: email@example.com
- EAI now welcomes long-distance participants to its body meetings! If you or your local service group is located 2+ hours away from intergroup and is interested in participating remotely, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you or someone you know is not receiving the EAI report, please contact email@example.com. We can help!
Lynne S.: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Focused on local service. We are reaching out to the local teaching schools to see if they would be interested in having a PI session. We will reach out to 25 schools this month. We also discussed how to use the Bulletin for local places of worship.
- Join our committee meeting in person at Inter group Sunday or dial at 9:45am. Meeting dial-in: 605.475.4000 and Access Code 1066681#
Teens and Twenties
Ann Marie S..: email@example.com
- You can conference in on Intergroup Sunday at 9:45am meeting dial-in: 605.475.4700 and Access Code 293738#
Reggie M., Chair: firstname.lastname@example.org
Consider asking at your next business meeting the following Meeting Health Question:
When sharing, it is helpful to ask yourself, “What can I share that will benefit the newcomer and
that won’t hurt or insult anyone?”
- We are taking a meeting into a Massachusetts FA member's home weekly. Please contact Reggie M for details at email@example.com.
Bylaws: Kathleen M. firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary: Michelle S. email@example.com
Treasurer: Katie M. firstname.lastname@example.org