Welcome to Eastern Area Intergroup
FA Eastern Area Intergroup (FA-EAI, Inc.)
FA Eastern Area Intergroup (FA-EAI, Inc.)
PO Box 490551, Everett, MA 02149
Donation to EAI
For instructions to make a donation to EAI Click here
NEXT EAI MEETING and LOCATION
The next EAI meeting is Sunday, December 11 at the VA Hospital, 1400 VFW Parkway, West Roxbury, MA.
If you are 2+ hours away from Inter group please join Service Group Support, Public Information, or Teens and Twenties Committee meetings via conference call from 9:45am-10:30am EST. Dial-in details are listed under specific committees below.
2017 EAI MEETING DATES
January 8, February 12, March 12, April 9, May 7, June 11, July 9, September 10, October 15, November 4-5 Service Support Weekend, December 10.
2017 EAI QUARTERLY CALL DATES:
January 22, 2017 at 1pm EST. Discussion topic is follow up on Holiday meetings: What did you do? Meeting facility holiday gift donations...against traditions? If you have any suggestions for discussion topics please email Christine W. firstname.lastname@example.org Dial in info: Dial 712-432-1500 / Access Code 288741#.
MONTHLY INTERGROUP REPORT: November 2016
MEETING HEALTH QUESTION
Did you know about the MESA Committee? (Meeting Effectiveness, Safety and Accessibility) This committee that is part of the WSI 12th Step committee that develops procedures to help FA members create and maintain effective, Safe, and accessible meeting environments.
Courtney G., Chair: email@example.com
- THANKS to everyone who helped organize and/or attended our annual Service Support Weekend. It was a joy to witness so much service in action and to see folks from so many different states unified in their commitment to sharing this program.
- My favorite quote of the Weekend comes from someone who joined FA within the last year. She recently took on the service position of EAI Contact for one of her committed meetings, and this was actually her first time attending Intergroup. She was surprised to see so many people from her weekly meetings. Being there made her realize that there is no overarching “management” team within FA. Rather, as she observed, “EAI is us.”
- On that same note, if you or your local service group are 2+ hours away from Intergroup and want to join our Body Meeting via web conference, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. And, of course, you can participate via conference call in the following committee meetings: Service Group Support, Public Information, or Teens and Twenties from 9:45am-10:30am EST on Intergroup Sundays. Dial-in details are listed under specific committees below and at foodaddicts.org/eastern-area-intergroup.
- December 11 will be a robust and interesting Intergroup meeting, so I hope we will see many returning members and some new faces, as well. If you have any EAI-related questions or suggestions, please feel free to contact me at 857-259-7232.
- Happy Holidays, everyone! May you end 2016 with abstinence and gratitude, as well as the never-ending gift of service. Here’s to a bright and hope-filled 2017.
Click here for a printer-friendly version of the EAI Report.
COMMITTEE CONTACT INFORMATION AND REPORTS
Service Group Support Committee
Thanks to everyone who joined us for Service Support Weekend, and a special thank you to those that worked so hard to make it all happen!
If you are 2+ hours away you can attend our meeting via conference call at 9:45am on Intergroup morning: 605-475-3215 then enter 871790#
Monthly Local Service Group Meetings:
Metro Atlanta, GA: 2nd Saturday 11:40am-12:10pm. Contact: Rosa at 404-308-8187
Southeast Michigan: Last Thursday of the month 8:15pm, Contact: Linda at 248-320-6842 for conference call details.
Charlotte, NC: 3rd Saturday – Contact: Margaret M. at email@example.com
Washington, DC: 2nd Sunday, 10:15am-11:30am – Contact: Pam N. at firstname.lastname@example.org
Rochester, NY: 2nd Saturday, 10:15am-11am – Contact: Jeanne U. at email@example.com
Ithaca, NY: 4th Saturday, 11am-12pm – Contact: Paula K. at firstname.lastname@example.org
Philadelphia, PA: 2nd Sunday, 8:30am-9:30am – Contact: Abigail H. at email@example.com
Owensboro, KY: 3rd Friday, 5pm-5:45pm – Contact: Annie K. at firstname.lastname@example.org
- West Michigan, MI: 2nd Saturday 9:45am – Contact: Karin D. at 616-464-3328
Financial Aid and Resource
Anita F.: email@example.com
Andrea L.: firstname.lastname@example.org
- EAI now welcomes long-distance participants to its body meetings! If you or your local service group is located 2+ hours away from intergroup and is interested in participating remotely, please contact email@example.com.
- If you or someone you know is not receiving the EAI report, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We can help!
Lynne S.: email@example.com
- The PI committee is refocusing our efforts for the balance of 2016 and into 2017. We are embarking on some new ideas to reach out to our communities with the inputs from the Frontier. More to come as we solidify our ideas and implementation details and assign subcommittee chairs.
- Join our committee meeting in person at Inter group Sunday or dial in at 9:45am.
Meeting dial-in: 605.475.4000 and Access Code 1066681#
Teens and Twenties
Katie M.: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can conference in on Intergroup Sunday at 9:45am meeting dial-in: 605.475.4700 and Access Code 293738#
Reggie M., Chair: email@example.com
Connection is in need of “Lighten Up” articles. A “Lighten Up” article relates a humorous situation about being in recovery from food addiction and is typically short, two or three paragraphs. Any FA member with 90 days of abstinence can submit an article to connection. Please send articles to firstname.lastname@example.org.