Welcome to Eastern Area Intergroup
FA Eastern Area Intergroup (FA-EAI, Inc.)
FA Eastern Area Intergroup (FA-EAI, Inc.)
PO Box 490551, Everett, MA 02149
Donation to EAI
For instructions to make a donation to EAI Click here
NEXT EAI MEETING and LOCATION
The next EAI meeting is Sunday, February 11, 2018 at the VA Hospital, 1400 VFW Parkway, West Roxbury, MA.
2+ hours away from Intergroup? Join a committee by phone from 9:45am-10:30am EST or our body meeting by online conference 10:45-11:45am EST. Dial-in details for Service Group Support, Public Information, and Teens and Twenties are below and at foodaddicts.org/eastern-area-intergroup. To join the body meeting remotely, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org at least one week prior to the Intergroup meeting.
EAI MEETING DATES
March 11, April 8, May 6, June 10, July 8, August – RECESS, September 9, October 12-14, Fellowship Convention, Tampa, FL, November 4, December 9.
NEXT EAI QUARTERLY CALL DATE:
Sunday, April 22, 2018 at 8:00am EST. Dial in info: Dial 515-603-3104 / Access Code 288741#.
Future 2018 scheduled calls: 8:00am Sunday, July 22, 8:00am Sunday, October 21. If you have any suggestions for future discussion topics please email Christine W: email@example.com.
MONTHLY INTERGROUP REPORT: JANUARY 2018
Click here for a printer-friendly version of the EAI Report.
MEETING HEALTH QUESTION:
Have you registered for the 2018 Business Convention in June? If not attending, have you considered attending the Fellowship Convention in October? If you are attending either, consider getting involved with service. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Courtney T., Chair: email@example.com
By the time you read this, I hope we will have more clarity on the meeting insurance question. Thanks to all those who have contributed to finding a solution!
CALLS FOR SERVICE:
- OUTSIDE OF BOSTON:
- Please join a focus group phone call Sunday, February 25 at 8am EST. Topic: EAI’s web presence. What works? What doesn’t? To participate, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, location, phone number, and email address. This remote service role is great for someone outside Boston.
- The PI Committee is looking for a Health Fair Coordinator for one or two Boston-area events this spring. Please email email@example.com.
- OPEN EAI SERVICE POSITIONS:
- We welcome nominations for the roles of EAI Chair and EAI Vice Chair. Nominations due: April 8. Voting: May 6. Position starts July 8. Candidates will be asked to complete a written questionnaire and make a brief statement to the EAI Body. To learn more or receive the questionnaire, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Various Committee chair positions will open this spring and we are always looking for new trusted servants at all levels. Committee Chairs are appointed by the Executive Committee. In some cases, it is possible for Committee Chair positions to be carried out remotely. Please be in touch to learn more: email@example.com
- The Calendar Posting Databaselists free online sites to post your meeting announcements. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for a link.
- Send your college an email about FA. It takes 5 minutes! Email email@example.com for the template.
- If you see a blog or article with comment section) about food addiction, email Blogwatch@foodaddicts.org. They will post a Board-approved comment.
- Weblinks Global Conference/Webinar Call: Saturday, February 17 at 4:30 pm EST.
- To join via phone: U.S. Dial-in Number: 712-770-4010 Access Code: 749545#
- International Dial-in Numbers: https://www.freeconferencecall.com/wall/levinmar90/#international
- To join online via your computer: https://join.freeconferencecall.com/levinmar90. Meeting ID: levinmar90
- In February, the EAI body will vote on a WSI Business Convention Main Motion proposal. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Click here to read the Motion.
- Intergroup first-timers: let us know you’re coming so we can be on the lookout for you at the 9:45am Orientation in Barsamian Auditorium. Contact email@example.com
- Planning to visit EAI from out of town? Locals are happy to host you overnight! Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- International Fellows: we are happy to share your local phone list in this report. Email Christine W. email@example.com.
COMMITTEE CONTACT INFORMATION AND REPORTS
Service Group Support Committee, Gabe E.: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are 2+ hours away you can attend our meeting via conference call at 9:45am on Intergroup morning: 605-475-3215 then enter 871790#
Monthly Local Service Group Meetings:
- Metro Atlanta, GA: 2nd Saturday 11:40am-12:10pm – Contact: Rosa at 404-308-8187
- Southeast Michigan: Last Thursday of the month 8:15pm, Contact: Linda at 248-320-6842 for conference call details.
- Charlotte, NC: 3rd Saturday – Contact: Margaret M. at email@example.com
- DC Area: 3rd Sunday, 10:30am-11:30am - Contact: Pam N. at FAPamN1@gmail.com
- Rochester, NY: 2nd Saturday, 10:15am-11am – Contact: Jeanne U. at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ithaca, NY: 4th Saturday, 11am-12pm – Contact: Paula K. at email@example.com
- Philadelphia, PA: 2nd Sunday, 8:30am-9:30am – Contact: Abigail H. at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Louisville, KY: 3rd Monday, 8pm-8:30pm – Contact: Annie K. at email@example.com
- West Michigan: 2nd Saturday 9:45am – Contact: Karin D. at 616-464-3328
- Southwest FL: 3rd Tuesday, 6:00pm-6:45pm – Contact: Barbara S. at 239-410-0081
Financial Aid and Resources Committee, Anita F: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voting members in need of financial aid for the upcoming WSBC should have submitted their applications by Feb 1st. Applicants will receive aid notifications by Feb 21st. If you have any questions please contact the EAI-FAR committee by email. If you have questions or concerns you can contact the FAR committee chair at email@example.com.
Bylaws, Evelyn C. firstname.lastname@example.org
- On February 11th, the EAI body will vote on whether the proposed motion will be submitted for consideration at the WSI Business Convention. email@example.com
Office, Andrea L.: firstname.lastname@example.org
Have ideas about the EAI page on the website? Please join the office committee as we discuss ways to use the EAI page and make it more useful for the member/newcomer. Join us by dialing in February 11th at 9:45AM EST #712-775-7035 Access Code 152370
- If you or someone you know is not receiving the EAI report, please contact email@example.com. We can help!
Public Information, Lisa.: firstname.lastname@example.org
Join us on Sunday February 11th when members of the EAI PI Committee will be available prior to the start of the regular committee meeting to answer questions for PI Reps or any other fellow with PI-related questions. Join us on February 11th at 9:15am EST for a 30-minute call. The dial-in number is 605-475-4000 and the access code is 1066681#. The committee meeting will follow at 9:45am. All are welcome to join us!!
Call for Service!! The EAI PI Committee is still looking for a fellow who would like to take on the position of Health Fair Coordinator. We have two events in the greater Boston are coming up in the Spring of 2018 and we are looking for help with organizing our participation in these events. Please email email@example.com if you are interested. Join us in spreading the word about FA recovery!!
Teens and Twenties, Ann Marie S..: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are gearing up in preparation of NEDA (National Eating Disorder Awareness) week in February 2018. If you'd like to send a letter to your college alumn to inform them ways FA can provide them with information and literature about FA please contact the Chair at: email@example.com for guidance on filling out the College Outreach Template Email.
You can conference in on Intergroup Sunday at 9:45am meeting dial-in: 605.475.4700 and Access Code 293738#
12th Step, Reggie M., Chair: firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you reading the EAI report at your monthly business meeting? It is full of good information in support of FA fellows such a Local Support Groups, Public Information and information for Teens and Twenties.
OFFICERS/CHAIRS WITH NO REPORTS
Secretary: Michelle S. email@example.com
Treasurer: Katie M. firstname.lastname@example.org