Welcome to Eastern Area Intergroup
FA Eastern Area Intergroup (FA-EAI, Inc.)
FA Eastern Area Intergroup (FA-EAI, Inc.)
PO Box 490551, Everett, MA 02149
Donation to EAI
For instructions to make a donation to EAI Click here
NEXT EAI MEETING and LOCATION
The next EAI meeting is Sunday, April 9, 2017 at the VA Hospital, 1400 VFW Parkway, West Roxbury, MA.
If you are 2+ hours away from Inter group please join Service Group Support, Public Information, or Teens and Twenties Committee meetings via conference call from 9:45am-10:30am EST. Dial-in details are listed under specific committees below. Also, please consider joining the Body Meeting via web conference. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday before Intergroup Weekend.
2017 EAI MEETING DATES
May 7, June 11, July 9, August Recess, September 10, October 15, November 4-5 (Service Support Weekend), December 10.
2017 EAI QUARTERLY CALL DATES:
Sunday,April 23, 2017 at 1pm EST. Dial in info: Dial 712-432-1500 / Access Code 288741#.
Topic of discussion: Crosstalk – What does it sound like and what to do about it. If you have any suggestions for discussion topics, please email Christine W: email@example.com.
MONTHLY INTERGROUP REPORT: MARCH 2017
MEETING HEALTH QUESTION:
Has it been over a month since you last qualified at any meeting? If it has been over 12 months since your last qualification at your committed meetings offer yourself now or call a meeting that needs support and do service.
Courtney G., Chair: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Chelsea Friday 10 am meeting will be held at the Whidden Hospital Auditorium for one day only on Convention Friday, June 2. The location is changed to accommodate the large number of convention attendees that visit this meeting every year.
Volunteers with six or more months of abstinence are needed to help with greeting and registration at the May Business Convention.
Volunteers are needed to provide rides for fellows attending the Convention from out of town – and to host those who are coming early or staying after the Convention. The ride and lodging list is available on line Please sign up if you have 90 days of abstinence and can fill a need or have a need (including if you have a hotel room to share).
Hotel rooms at the group rate for the June Business Convention June 2-4 in Danvers, MA are very limited at this point. If you have reservations you no longer plan to use, please email email@example.com, rather than canceling the reservation directly with the hotel.
Similarly, if you are still looking to book a room, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, since they may know of an available hotel room.
- Web and Directory Contacts: Please log into your FA profile page and compare your personal profile information with the details listed in your local meeting trifold (which you can view at go to https://www.foodaddicts.org/eastern-area-intergroup/EAI-meeting-directory-tri-folds). If there are any discrepancies, please update your information on your profile page or submit a meeting change request form. Email email@example.com if you need assistance.
- Maine Chapter is celebrating 15 years of service! Please join them for the 10th Annual Maine Chapter Meeting Support Weekend April 29th and April 30th 2017 in Augusta, Maine. Click here to view the trifold for agenda and directions.
- Save the date: EAI’s Service Support Weekend will be held on November 4-5, 2017 at the Holiday Inn in Dedham, MA. More details to follow.
Click here for a printer-friendly version of the EAI Report.
COMMITTEE CONTACT INFORMATION AND REPORTS
Service Group Support Committee
Please save the date: Service Support Weekend will be held on November 4th and November 5th, 2017 at the Holiday Inn in Dedham, MA. More details to follow as the date gets closer.
If you are 2+ hours away you can attend our meeting via conference call at 9:45am on Intergroup morning: 605-475-3215 then enter 871790#
Monthly Local Service Group Meetings:
Metro Atlanta, GA: 2nd Saturday 11:40am-12:10pm. Contact: Rosa at 404-308-8187
Southeast Michigan: Last Thursday of the month 8:15pm, Contact: Linda at 248-320-6842 for conference call details.
Charlotte, NC: 3rd Saturday – Contact: Margaret M. at firstname.lastname@example.org
Washington, DC: 2nd Sunday, 10:15am-11:30am – Contact: Pam N. at email@example.com
Rochester, NY: 2nd Saturday, 10:15am-11am – Contact: Jeanne U. at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ithaca, NY: 4th Saturday, 11am-12pm – Contact: Paula K. at email@example.com
Philadelphia, PA: 2nd Sunday, 8:30am-9:30am – Contact: Abigail H. at firstname.lastname@example.org
Owensboro, KY: 3rd Friday, 5pm-5:45pm – Contact: Annie K. at email@example.com
- West Michigan, MI: 2nd Saturday 9:45am – Contact: Karin D. at 616-464-3328
Financial Aid and Resource
Anita F.: firstname.lastname@example.org
Andrea L.: email@example.com
- EAI now welcomes long-distance participants to its body meetings! If you or your local service group is located 2+ hours away from intergroup and is interested in participating remotely, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you or someone you know is not receiving the EAI report, please contact email@example.com. We can help!
Lynne S.: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The PI committee is refocusing our efforts in 2017. We are embarking on some new ideas to reach out to our communities with the inputs from the Frontier.
- Join our committee meeting in person at Inter group Sunday or dial at 9:45 am. Meeting dial-in: 605.475.4000 and Access Code 1066681#
Teens and Twenties
Katie M.: email@example.com
- Remember what it was like to be a food addict in high school? What if you had learned about food addiction in your health class? If you want to help educate future generations, please join the Teens and Twenties committee on this outreach! We are looking for fellows with at least 90 days of abstinence and credible body size to educate a Waltham HS nutrition class on either March 23 or March 30 for 8:30-10:30 or 10:30-1 (with a break for lunch). Please email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible to sign up.
- You can conference in on Intergroup Sunday at 9:45am meeting dial-in: 605.475.4700 and Access Code 293738#
Reggie M., Chair: email@example.com
Anyone living on the frontier? FA defines the frontier as anyone living 2 or more hours from an in person FA meeting. Check out the Living on the Frontier site at www.foodaddicts.org. There will be a frontier support call on Sunday, March 26, 2017 at 2:30 pm, (EST). Find additional information at www.foodaddicts.org. Any questions contact eai12thstep @foodaddicts.org.