Welcome to Eastern Area Intergroup
FA Eastern Area Intergroup (FA-EAI, Inc.)
FA Eastern Area Intergroup (FA-EAI, Inc.)
PO Box 490551, Everett, MA 02149
Donation to EAI
For instructions to make a donation to EAI Click here
NEXT EAI MEETING and LOCATION
The next EAI meeting is Sunday, September 10, at the VA Hospital, 1400 VFW Parkway, West Roxbury, MA.
If you are 2+ hours away from Intergroup please consider joining Service Group Support, Public Information, or Teens and Twenties Committee meetings via conference call from 9:45am-10:30am EST. Dial-in details are listed under specific committees below. You are also welcome to join the Body Meeting via web conference at 10:45am-11:45am. To do so, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org one week prior to the Intergroup meeting.
2017 EAI MEETING DATES
September 10, October 15, November 4-5 (Service Support Weekend), December 10.
2017 EAI QUARTERLY CALL DATES:
Sunday, October 22, 2017 at 8:00am EST. Dial in info: Dial 712-432-1500 / Access Code 288741#.
Note the time change to accommodate international EAI members. If you have any suggestions for discussion topics, please email Christine W: email@example.com.
MONTHLY INTERGROUP REPORT: AUGUST 2017
MEETING HEALTH QUESTION:
When leading a meeting, after saying “Would you all join me in a moment of silence and the serenity prayer,” do you really take a moment's pause? Some meetings take at least a 30 second pause before beginning the serenity prayer.
Courtney G., Chair: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are attending Intergroup for the first time, please consider letting us know ahead of time, so we can be on the lookout for you at the Orientation at 9:45am in Barsamian Auditorium. Contact email@example.com.
Within the past year, our Intergroup has expanded to include fellows in China and, more recently, Western Australia. This change was made because our time zone better links up with theirs. That said, it came up on the Quarterly call that it can be hard for folks on the other side of the world to feel connected to their fellows in the States. With their permission, we are including contact information for our fellows in China, to assist you in making outreach to them. Be sure to check the time zone difference before you call (e.g. China is 12 hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time).
Pei (pronounced “Pay”):
Cell with Facetime: +86-13911861393
US number: +1617-997-0888
US number: +1-347-632-1189
Chinese cell phone: +86-18611603622
Cell phone with Facetime: +86-18810909007
US number: +13238253929
If you would like to have numbers of your international fellowship highlighted for one month here, please email their contact information to: Christine W. firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Web and Directory Contacts: Please log into your FA profile and compare your personal information with the details listed in your meeting trifold. You can find this in the EAI section of the website by clicking “Office” and then “EAI Meeting Directory and Trifolds." The direct link is: https://www.foodaddicts.org/eastern-area-intergroup/EAI-meeting-directory-tri-folds. If there are any discrepancies, please update your information on your profile page or submit a meeting change request form. Questions? email@example.com
- Save the date: November 4-5, 2017 is the EAI Service Support Weekend at the Holiday Inn in Dedham, MA.
- Enjoy the rest of the summer. We can’t wait to see everyone in September!
Click here for a printer-friendly version of the EAI Report.
COMMITTEE CONTACT INFORMATION AND REPORTS
Service Group Support Committee
Service Support Weekend will be held on November 4-5, 2017 at the Holiday Inn in Dedham, MA.
You may register online by clicking here. Registration deadline is October 13th.
Financial aid applications for the weekend are available [pdf shortcode="SC842" linktext="here". Financial aid application deadline is September 8th.
If you are 2+ hours away you can attend our meeting via conference call at 9:45am on Intergroup morning: 605-475-3215 then enter 871790#
Monthly Local Service Group Meetings:
- Metro Atlanta, GA: 2nd Saturday 11:40am-12:10pm. Contact: Rosa at 404-308-8187
- Southeast Michigan: Last Thursday of the month 8:15pm, Contact: Linda at 248-320-6842 for conference call details.
- Charlotte, NC: 3rd Saturday – Contact: Margaret M. at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Washington, DC: 2nd Sunday, 10:15am-11:30am – Contact: Pam N. at email@example.com
- Rochester, NY: 2nd Saturday, 10:15am-11am – Contact: Jeanne U. at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ithaca, NY: 4th Saturday, 11am-12pm – Contact: Paula K. at email@example.com
- Philadelphia, PA: 2nd Sunday, 8:30am-9:30am – Contact: Abigail H. at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Owensboro, KY: 3rd Friday, 5pm-5:45pm – Contact: Annie K. at email@example.com
- West Michigan: 2nd Saturday 9:45am – Contact: Karin D. at 616-464-3328
- Southwest FL: 3rd Tuesday, 6:00pm-6:45pm – Contact: Barbara S. at 239-410-0081
Financial Aid and Resources Committee
Anita F.: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Financial aid applications are available for the upcoming Service Support Weekend and can be accessed by emailing the FAR committee chair at email@example.com or by clicking here. There is also a copy being sent to your meeting's EAI rep. All applications should be emailed to the chair no later than Sept 8th. Applicants will be notified regarding aid on or about Sept 17th.
Andrea L.: firstname.lastname@example.org
- EAI now welcomes long-distance participants to its body meetings! If you or your local service group is located 2+ hours away from intergroup and is interested in participating remotely, please contact email@example.com.
- If you or someone you know is not receiving the EAI report, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We can help!
Call for Service: Come join us at the September EAI PI Committee meeting on Sunday September 10 from 9:45am – 10:30am. We will be discussing our participation at “Let’s Talk About Food”, an urban food festival in Copley Square in Boston on Saturday September 23. Also on the agenda will be a discussion of ideas for local PI efforts and the formation of committees to carry out that work. All are welcome – please join us!
Members of the EAI PI Committee will be available prior to the start of the PI Committee meeting to answer questions for PI Reps or any other fellow with PI-related questions. Join us at 9:15am est on Sunday September 10. The dial in number is 605-475-4000 access code: 1066681#. The committee meeting will begin at 9:45am est and conclude at 10:30am est. All are welcome to join us!!
- Join our committee meeting in person at Inter group Sunday or dial at 9:45am. Meeting dial-in: 605.475.4000 and Access Code 1066681#
Teens and Twenties
Ann Marie S..: email@example.com
- The T&T Committee is looking forward to the upcoming year and encourage those out of state, or on the frontier to join us via conference call for our monthly meeting at EAI Intergroup.
- You can conference in on Intergroup Sunday at 9:45am meeting dial-in: 605.475.4700 and Access Code 293738#
Reggie M., Chair: firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome to Thank-a-thon 2017
A Thank-a-thon is a series of meetings held back-to-back on Thanksgiving Day, and is a great service to the local fellowship and out-of-town visitors. If your meeting has hosted a Thank-a-thon in the past, this is a good time to consider whether you want to do so again in 2017.
- The host meeting chooses two contacts who agree to have his/her name, and phone number, listed on the FA website.
- The meeting also chooses someone to be a Speaker seeker and leaders for each meeting.
- It is suggested that Thank-a-thon Contacts, Speaker seekers, and leaders have at least two years of abstinence, an FA sponsor and completion of an AWOL.
For more details see Thank-a-thon guidelines which are posted on the FA website; click on Eastern Area Intergroup, then on the 12th step committee page. Any questions please contact email@example.com.
Bylaws: Evelyn firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary: Michelle S. email@example.com
Treasurer: Katie M. firstname.lastname@example.org