Welcome to Eastern Area Intergroup
FA Eastern Area Intergroup (FA-EAI, Inc.)
Donation to EAI
For instructions to make a donation to EAI Click here
NEXT EAI MEETING and LOCATION
The next EAI meeting is Sunday, April 8, 2018 at the VA Hospital, 1400 VFW Parkway, West Roxbury, MA.
2+ hours from Intergroup? Join us in two ways:
- Participate on a committee by phone from 9:45am-10:30am EST. Dial-in details for Service Group Support, Public Information, and Teens and Twenties are below and at foodaddicts.org/eastern-area-intergroup.
- Experience the body meeting by web conference from your computer, tablet or smartphone from 10:45-11:45am EST. To join, go to https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/521769837. Or, skip the visuals and listen in via phone by calling +1 (571) 317-3122 and using access code: 521-769-837. You can make comments and ask questions via the chat feature. (First time using the GoToMeeting web conference service? We recommend you do a quick system check: https://link.gotomeeting.com/system-check ahead of time.) Please let us know a week ahead if you plan to join by web conference. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
EAI MEETING DATES
May 6, June 10, July 8, August – RECESS, September 9, October 12-14, Fellowship Convention, Tampa, FL, November 4, December 9.
NEXT EAI QUARTERLY CALL DATE
Sunday, April 22, 2018 at 8:00am EST. Dial in info: Dial 515-603-3104 / Access Code 288741#.
Theme: Exchanging Experience, Strength, and Hope regarding FA outreach calls – starting conversations, setting boundaries, and growing through use of this important tool.
Upcoming calls: 8am Sunday, July 22, 8am Sunday October 21. Please send theme suggestions to Christine W: email@example.com.
MONTHLY INTERGROUP REPORT: MARCH 2018
Click here for a printer-friendly version of the EAI Report.
MEETING HEALTH QUESTION:
Are we warmly greeting all who arrive; talking to people we don’t know well; or even sitting in a different seat than usual, to connect with different folks? Are we attending our FA meetings with an attitude of “what can I get?” or “what can I give?”
Courtney T., Chair: firstname.lastname@example.org
COME PARTY WITH US!
The EAI PI committee invites all nearby fellows to a “PI Party” on Sunday April 8 after lunch at EAI. Bring your laptop if you have one, and if you don’t, we will hook you up with a loaner. Together we will work together to post our meetings to online event calendars for the struggling newcomer. Whether or not you consider yourself tech-savvy, we can learn from each other and gain confidence doing this service.
Far away and can’t make it? Feel free to dial into the PI party from home and we will walk you through the process. The dial-in number is 605-475-4000 and the access code is 1066681#. Or, if you decide to organize a local PI Party, let us know the date so we can share it in this report.
The Friday 10am Chelsea, MA, FA meeting will not be held in Chelsea on the Friday, June 1 (the first day of Convention) due to lack of space. It will, instead, meet at the FA Business Convention Hotel in Danvers. Details TBD.
FA-EAI's 2018 meeting liability insurance policy is officially effective. (Happy dance!) To receive a Certificate of Insurance, email Dustin_Spataro@ajg.com with the following information:
Request Type: Certificate of Insurance
Name of Insured: FA-EAI
FA-EAI Meeting street address w/city and state: _______________
FA-EAI meeting day: ________________
Note: in order to ensure coverage, meetings are advised to maintain an updated and signed rental lease confirming the day and time of their weekly meetings.
There are two open online surveys. We hope your meeting will participate if you haven’t already:
- Meeting insurance survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/MeetingInsurance
- Conference Member Survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ConferenceMembership
CALLS FOR SERVICE
- Outside of Boston: We hope each meeting who did not elect a World Service Business Conference member this year will fill out an informational survey to help EAI gather comprehensive data on this issue and explore, together, ways we can address it. You can find the survey at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ConferenceMembership.
- Boston-area: The PI Committee seeks a Health Fair Coordinator for one or two Boston-area events this spring. Please email email@example.com.
OPEN EAI SERVICE POSITIONS
- We welcome nominations for the roles of EAI Chair and EAI Vice Chair. Nominations due: April 8. Voting: May 6. Position starts July 8. Candidates will be asked to complete a written questionnaire and make a brief statement to the EAI Body. To learn more or receive the questionnaire, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Various Committee chair positions will open this spring and we are always looking for new trusted servants at all levels. Committee Chairs are appointed by the Executive Committee. Please be in touch to learn more: email@example.com.
- The Calendar Posting Databaselists free online sites to post your meeting announcements. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for a link.
- Send your college an email about FA. It takes 5 minutes! Email email@example.com for the template.
- If you see a blog or article with comment section) about food addiction, email Blogwatch@foodaddicts.org. They will post a Board-approved comment.
- Intergroup first-timers: let us know you’re coming so we can be on the lookout for you at the 9:45am Orientation in Barsamian Auditorium. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Planning to visit EAI from out of town? Locals are happy to host you overnight! Email email@example.com
- International fellows: we are happy to share your local phone list in this report. Email Christine W. firstname.lastname@example.org.
COMMITTEE CONTACT INFORMATION AND REPORTS
Service Group Support Committee, Gabe E.: email@example.com
Please join the EAI quarterly call discussion about Service Support Weekend in combination with the Fellowship Convention in October 2018.
If you are 2+ hours away you can attend our meeting via conference call at 9:45am on Intergroup morning: 605-475-3215 then enter 871790#
Monthly Local Service Group Meetings:
- Metro Atlanta, GA: 2nd Saturday 11:40am-12:10pm – Contact: Rosa at 404-308-8187
- Southeast Michigan: Last Thursday of the month 8:15pm, Contact: Linda at 248-320-6842 for conference call details.
- Charlotte, NC: 3rd Saturday – Contact: Margaret M. at firstname.lastname@example.org
- DC Area: 3rd Sunday, 10:30am-11:30am - Contact: Pam N. at FAPamN1@gmail.com
- Rochester, NY: 2nd Saturday, 10:15am-11am – Contact: Jeanne U. at email@example.com
- Ithaca, NY: 4th Saturday, 11am-12pm – Contact: Paula K. at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Philadelphia, PA: 2nd Sunday, 8:30am-9:30am – Contact: Abigail H. at email@example.com
- Louisville, KY: 3rd Monday, 8pm-8:30pm – Contact: Annie K. at firstname.lastname@example.org
- West Michigan: 2nd Saturday 9:45am – Contact: Karin D. at 616-464-3328
- Southwest FL: 3rd Tuesday, 6:00pm-6:45pm – Contact: Barbara S. at 239-410-0081
Financial Aid and Resources Committee, Anita F: email@example.com
- If you have questions or concerns, please contact the EAI-FAR committee by firstname.lastname@example.org.
Office, Andrea L.: email@example.com
Join us by dialing in April 8 9:45AM EST #712-775-7035 Access Code 152370
- If you or someone you know is not receiving the EAI report, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We can help!
Public Information, Lisa.: email@example.com
Boston Area PI Reps and Fellows: Join us for a PI Party following EAI on Sunday April 8 after lunch. Bring your laptop and together we will work on getting our meetings listed on an online event calendar such as EventBrite or Wicked Local.
Join us on Sunday April 8 when members of the EAI PI Committee will be available prior to the start of the regular committee meeting to answer questions for PI Reps or any other fellow with PI-related questions. Join us on April 8 at 9:15am EST for a 30 minute call. The dial-in number is 605-475-4000 and the access code is 1066681# The committee meeting will follow at 9:45am. All are welcome to join us!!!
Teens and Twenties, Ann Marie S.: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you'd like to send a letter to your college to inform them ways FA can provide them with information and literature about FA please contact the Chair at: email@example.com for guidance on filling out the College Outreach Template Email.
You can conference in on Intergroup Sunday at 9:45am meeting dial-in: 605.475.4700 and Access Code 293738#
12th Step, Reggie M., Chair: firstname.lastname@example.org
When was the last time your meeting reviewed Document 7, the Description of Responsibilities for Service positions? It is located on the FA website under Meeting Guidelines.
OFFICERS/CHAIRS WITH NO REPORTS
Secretary: Michelle S. email@example.com
Treasurer: Katie M. firstname.lastname@example.org
Bylaws: Evelyn C. email@example.com