Welcome to Eastern Area Intergroup
FA Eastern Area Intergroup (FA-EAI, Inc.)
FA Eastern Area Intergroup (FA-EAI, Inc.)
PO Box 490551, Everett, MA 02149
Donation to EAI
For instructions to make a donation to EAI Click here
NEXT EAI MEETING and LOCATION
The next EAI meeting is Sunday, November 4-5 (Service Support Weekend) at the Holiday Inn in Dedham, MA.
If you are 2+ hours away from Intergroup we invite you to join a committee by phone or our Body Meeting by online conference. Our Service Group Support, Public Information, and Teens and Twenties Committees offer a conference call line from 9:45am-10:30am EST. Dial-in details are listed under specific committees below. To join the Body Meeting via web conference (i.e. view the PowerPoint and hear the audio from the podium, plus type in any questions or contributions using the online chat feature) from 10:45-11:45am, please contact email@example.com one week prior to the Intergroup meeting.
2017 EAI MEETING DATES
2018 EAI MEETING DATES
January 7, February 11, March 11, April 8, May 6, June 10, July 8, August – RECESS, September 9, October: Fellowship Convention 10/12-14, Saddlebrook Resort, Tampa, FL, November 4, December 9.
2018 EAI QUARTERLY CALL DATES:
Sunday, January 21, 2017 at 8:00am EST. Dial in info: Dial 515-603-3104 / Access Code 288741#.
Note the time change to accommodate international EAI members. If you have any suggestions for discussion topics, please email Christine W: firstname.lastname@example.org.
MONTHLY INTERGROUP REPORT: OCTOBER 2017
MEETING HEALTH QUESTION:
When sharing in the front of the room, are you keeping your sharing to 5 min in a large meeting, so others have a chance to share? Or if you are in a small meeting, forcing a longer share to use up the time rather than practicing humility and allowing the group to decide what to do with the extra time?
Courtney T., Chair: email@example.com
TIME-SENSITIVE CONVENTION ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- Any FA group wishing to propose Main Motions for consideration by the World Service Conference at the 2018 World Service Business Convention must submit them to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, November 27. The EAI Board will vote on whether to send the motion for consideration at the Convention. Click here for the Main Motion template.
- Will your meeting have a World Service Conference (WSC) member at the WSI Business Convention? Each registered FA meeting is asked to elect one member to fulfill this service role. Conference members must have a minimum of five years of continuous abstinence in FA, be regularly attending the meeting, and have completed at least one FA AWOL. Deadline for registering your group’s Conference Member: March 1, 2018. Financial Aid is available for Conference members who need it, so economic circumstances should not be a barrier.
- INSURANCE MESSAGE: If you get requests for a Certificate of Insurance when starting a meeting, doing a health fair, conference, info session or other EAI FA outreach, please email email@example.com.
- THANK-A-THONS: A Thank-a-thon is a series of meetings held back-to-back on Thanksgiving Day. Whether or not your meeting has hosted a Thank-a-thon in the past, is a good time to consider whether you want to do so again in 2017. For more details go to the FA website; click on Eastern Area Intergroup; then click the 12th step committee tab. Questions to: EAI12step@foodaddicts.org.
- PUBLIC INFORMATION
- The next Weblinks International Webinar/Call: Saturday, November 18, 3:30 pm PST. Email Weblinks@foodaddicts.org or call Margaret L. at 415-336-5529 to join the call/web presentation.
- The new Calendar Posting Spreadsheet lists free and easy ways to post your meeting announcement online. Email Weblinks@foodaddicts.org for a copy.
- Write your college an email! It only takes five mins to fill out our college alumni email template for your college. We will do all the rest! Email: Weblinks@foodaddicts.org.
- OPEN SERVICE POSITIONS:
- We welcome nominations for the roles of EAI Chair and EAI Vice Chair. Nominations due: April 8/voting: May 6/position starts July 8. If you are interested in knowing more, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- Various Committee chair positions will open this spring and we are always looking for new trusted servants at all levels. Please be in touch if you are interested!
- Intergroup first-timers: let us know you’re coming so we can be on the lookout for you at the 9:45am Orientation in Barsamian Auditorium. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We are happy to share in this report contact information for members of your international fellowship for one month. Please email details to: Christine W. email@example.com.
- Click here to view the International Calling Overview Presentation.
Click here for a printer-friendly version of the EAI Report.
COMMITTEE CONTACT INFORMATION AND REPORTS
Service Group Support Committee
Thanks to everyone who has registered for Service Support Weekend, 11/4-11/5 at the Holiday Inn in Dedham, MA. We are looking forward to a fun and informative weekend regarding FA service. If you have not registered and would like to join us, there will be onsite registration the day of the event, but no meal plans will be able to be purchased. If you would like to join us for Fellowship Dinner on Friday, 11/3, please meet in the lobby of the Holiday Inn at 5:30 pm (where we will make our way over to Whole Foods) or at Whole Foods in Dedham, MA at 6 pm.
If you are 2+ hours away you can attend our meeting via conference call at 9:45am on Intergroup morning: 605-475-3215 then enter 871790#
Monthly Local Service Group Meetings:
- Metro Atlanta, GA: 2nd Saturday 11:40am-12:10pm. Contact: Rosa at 404-308-8187
- Southeast Michigan: Last Thursday of the month 8:15pm, Contact: Linda at 248-320-6842 for conference call details.
- Charlotte, NC: 3rd Saturday – Contact: Margaret M. at firstname.lastname@example.org
- DC Area: 3rd Sunday, 10:30am-11:30am - Contact: Pam N. at FAPamN1@gmail.com
- Rochester, NY: 2nd Saturday, 10:15am-11am – Contact: Jeanne U. at email@example.com
- Ithaca, NY: 4th Saturday, 11am-12pm – Contact: Paula K. at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Philadelphia, PA: 2nd Sunday, 8:30am-9:30am – Contact: Abigail H. at email@example.com
- Owensboro, KY: 3rd Friday, 5pm-5:45pm – Contact: Annie K. at firstname.lastname@example.org
- West Michigan: 2nd Saturday 9:45am – Contact: Karin D. at 616-464-3328
- Southwest FL: 3rd Tuesday, 6:00pm-6:45pm – Contact: Barbara S. at 239-410-0081
Andrea L.: email@example.com
- EAI now welcomes long-distance participants to its body meetings! If you or your local service group is located 2+ hours away from intergroup and is interested in participating remotely, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you or someone you know is not receiving the EAI report, please contact email@example.com. We can help!
- Join us in November at the PI Committee Meeting on Nov 5th at Service Support Weekend where we will have an informative presentation on the Calendar Posting Resource which aids in getting your meeting and/or info session posted on online calendars. Also, we will see the new slideshow for presentations to Health Care Providers.
- Members of the PI Committee will be available prior to the start of the PI Committee meeting to answer questions for PI Reps or any other fellow with PI-related questions. Join us a 9:15am est on Sunday Nov. 5. The dial-in number is 605-475-4000 access code: 1066681#. The committee meeting will follow at 10am. All are welcome to join us!!!
- If you get any requests for a Certificate of Insurance when starting a meeting, doing a health fair, conference, info session or other EAI FA outreach, please email firstname.lastname@example.org who will put you in touch with the EAI insurance provider.
Teens and Twenties
Ann Marie S..: email@example.com
- Ongoing communication happening with high school in Hyde Park and Roxbury Community College for potential outreach.
- Agenda for Service Group support weekend is to break down the process from start to finish regarding the making of an outreach
- Began exploring the possibility of utilizing weblinks to reach colleges.
- We are gearing up in preparation of NEDA (National Eating Disorder Awareness) week in February 2018. If you'd like to send a letter to your college alumni to inform them ways FA can provide them with information and literature about FA please contact the Chair at: firstname.lastname@example.org to receive guidance on filling out the College Outreach Template Email.
- You can conference in on Intergroup Sunday at 9:45am meeting dial-in: 605.475.4700 and Access Code 293738#
Reggie M., Chair: email@example.com
- Welcome to Thank-a-thon 2017
- A Thank-a-thon is a series of meetings held back-to-back on Thanksgiving Day, and is a great service to the local fellowship and out-of-town visitors. If your meeting has hosted a Thank-a-thon in the past, this is a good time to consider whether you want to do so again in 2017.
- Thank-a-thon Suggestions:
- The host meeting chooses two contacts who agree to have his/her name, and phone number, listed on the FA website.
- The meeting also chooses someone to be a Speaker seeker and leaders for each meeting.
- It is suggested that Thank-a-thon Contacts, Speaker seekers, and leaders have at least two years of abstinence, an FA sponsor and completion of an AWOL.
- For more details see Thank-a-thon guidelines which are posted on the FA website; click on Eastern Area Intergroup, then on the 12th step committee page. Any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- During Service Support Weekend, November 4-5, 2017, the 12 Step Committee will have a fun skit about Service, and will have a 45 minute writing session. We hope you can attend this great weekend at the Holiday Inn in Dedham, MA titled “Service with a Smile”!
OFFICERS/CHAIRS WITH NO REPORTS
Bylaws: Evelyn G. email@example.com
Secretary: Michelle S. firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurer: Katie M. email@example.com
Financial Aid and Resources Committee: Anita F.: firstname.lastname@example.org