Instructions for Submitting a Work Order for a Mass Email
Mass Email Work Order Request Form (Make a Copy - Google Doc).
The WSI Office Committee has established the following procedure for work orders requesting that mass emails or group emails be sent out from the FA Office.
Who may submit the work order?
WSB as a whole, WSI committee chairs, or Office chairs of intergroups or chapters (after approval by the intergroup or chapter board). If someone other than the above creates the work order the work order must still be submitted by the committee chairs of the WSB, intergroup or chapter..
Where to send the Google Doc Work Order Request Form?
If this is a mass email request for an EVENT, please submit this work order request on the FA Events Calendar. All work orders should be shared through Google Drive with firstname.lastname@example.org using EDITOR access. If you have any questions about how to process this work order request, please contact email@example.com.
When should the work order be sent?
The FA Office requests a minimum of five business days’ notice prior to the planned email delivery date.
How should the work order be sent?
- Rename document “Mass Email Request:” then description, then (preferred date of deployment), such as: Mass Email Request: World Service Business Convention Initial Announcement (10/5/2021)
- Subject line of mass email (exact wording as it is to appear in the email)
- Body of mass email (exact wording as it is to appear in the email)
- Recipients of the email (e.g., WSI Contacts, Frontier members, officers and chairs)
- Preferred date of delivery of the email
- Documents that are to be hyperlinked in the body of the mass email. All documents that are referred to in the body of a mass email must be shared through Google Drive with firstname.lastname@example.org using EDITOR access. We are no longer sending any attachments with mass emails; hyperlinks will be the sole means of access to the documents being referred to in the emails.
- Exact wording of hyperlink(s). If any documents are to be referenced in a mass email by hyperlinks, please provide the exact wording of the links (e.g., if a particular hyperlink takes the reader to Meeting Guidelines Document 9 on our website, specify in your work order that the hyperlink should be titled “Meeting Guidelines Document 9.”)
- All work orders shall be submitted in final, proof-read, approved form.
- All work orders shall be submitted at least five days in advance of delivery date.
How can a mass email work order be corrected?
The committee chairs are responsible for proofing all work orders no matter who prepares them. However, if a simple correction to an existing work order is needed:
- Add comments/corrections to the original Work Order Request form and assign the comment to @email@example.com.
- Rename the Work Order Request Form to start with “CORRECTED -,” such as:
- CORRECTED - Mass Email Request: World Service Business Convention Initial Announcement (10/5/2021)
- Share the Work Order Request Form with firstname.lastname@example.org using EDITOR access and make sure to include “Notify people” and include a message regarding the corrections needed.
If you have any questions about how to process this work order request, please contact email@example.com.
Use this Mass Email Work Order Request Form (Make a Copy - Google Doc).