Business Convention 2016
2016 Business Convention Registration Information
Convention Dates: Friday, June 3 - Sunday, June 5, 2016
Location: Danvers, MA at the Doubletree by Hilton Hotel
Reservations can be made by clicking on the hotel link.
Register to attend the Business Convention -- Deadline May 13, 2016
- You may select a Meal Plan for yourself and a non-FA Guest.
- Please wait to register until you know your FINAL CHOICES FOR MEAL PLAN and registration as you will not be able to change them after payment is made.
- Convention Registration does not include hotel.
- On-Site Registration will be available with $15 late fee. No meal plans will be sold on-site.
- For more information, see 'Information and Forms' below.
Conference Member Registration (Voting Member) -- Deadline March 4, 2016
- Motions Due: Friday, March 4
- Officer Applications Due: Friday, March 4
- Voting Member Registration Closes: Friday, March 4
- Hotel Registration Closes: Friday, May 6
- FA Registration Closes: Friday, May 13
For those of you making travel plans please be advised that onsite registration will open Friday afternoon and there will be an FA meeting Friday evening. The convention business sessions will begin Saturday morning at approx. 8:45 a.m. and conclude Sunday at approx. 12:30 p.m.
Hotel Room Reservations are done through the hotel.
DoubleTree by Hilton
Address: 50 Ferncroft Road, Danvers, MA 01923
Room rate: $142/night for single, double, triple or quad occupancy.
Special hotel room rate ends: Friday, May 6, 2016.
Room reservations are made by contacting the DoubleTree Hilton directly:
Click to Reserve a Room
Ride and Lodging Sharing
FA has created a public "Ride and Lodging Sharing List" online where FA members may indicate if they need or can offer to share a ride or provide lodging assistance for the Business Convention. This online list will be available starting January 11, 2016. To VIEW the Ride and Lodging List, click here.
Living Abstinently Pamphlet - Draft
Some years ago, the pamphlet “Living Abstinently: A Guide for Sponsors” was withdrawn by the Conference and replaced with “Some Thoughts on Sponsorship.” The WSB then asked the Literature Committee to write a pamphlet on the tools of recovery. “Living Abstinently” is the product of that referral.
The new pamphlet covers all of the tools listed in our meeting format. It also adds two new tools we use to find and maintain recovery, namely, Quiet Time and Gratitude.
In addition, “Living Abstinently” has changed the wording of some of our current tools to better reflect how FA members use these tools, bearing in mind that the wording we have been using up to now was carried over from OA literature.
These new tools and the new wording will not be added to the meeting format unless in future a motion is presented to the World Service Conference to do so and that motion is passed by the body.
Please email all feedback to LivingAbstinently@foodaddicts.org
Please click the link below to read the DRAFT version of the "Living Abstinently" pamphlet.
Information and Forms
Officer / Committee Chair Application: