Welcome to Eastern Area Intergroup
FA Eastern Area Intergroup (FA-EAI, Inc.)
FA Eastern Area Intergroup (FA-EAI, Inc.)
PO Box 490551, Everett, MA 02149
Donation to EAI
For instructions to make a donation to EAI Click here
NEXT EAI MEETING and LOCATION
The next EAI meeting is Sunday, September 13, 2015 at the VA Hospital, 1400 VFW Parkway, West Roxbury, MA. If you are 2+ hours away from Inter group please join Service Group Support, Public Information, or Teens and Twenties Committee meetings via conference call from 9:45am-10:30am EST. Dial-in details are below and at foodaddicts.org/eastern-area-inter group.
FUTURE EAI MEETING DATES
2015: October 4; November 8; December 13.
MONTHLY INTERGROUP REPORT: August, 2015
MEETING HEALTH QUESTION?
Is your meeting rotating service positions and encouraging members who haven't had a service position to take one?
Courtney G., Chair: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You won’t want to miss “Sharing the Gifts of Recovery” – our annual Service Group Support Weekend
- November 7-8 – 9:30am Saturday through Sunday lunch at the Holiday Inn Boston-Dedham in Dedham, MA.
- Interactive programs include “Meet the Press!” – sharing ways to share FA through local media – and “Host/ess with the Most/est” – exchanging ideas about hosting a local outreach. Be sure to look at the trifold attached to this report for more details and itinerary.
- Online registration opens soon. An email will be sent out to EAI contacts when online registration is open.
- Financial aid inquiries should go to: email@example.com.
- Time to think about a Thank-a-Thon! This series of meetings held back to back on Thanksgiving Day is a wonderful service to locals and visitors. Whether or not your meeting has hosted a Thank-a-Thon in the past, now is a good time to consider whether you want to do so this year. Please see the 12th Step report for details or go to http://www.foodaddicts.org/eastern-area-intergroup/eai-12th-step.
- Please welcome our new meeting: Thursday in Reedsburg, WI. Discontinued: Thursday in Kansas City, MO.
- The WSI FA meetings re-registration deadline is September 30. If your meeting has questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The next EAI Body meeting will feature a closer look at Service Group Support Weekend – how to register, what to expect, and how you can get involved.
- Future EAI Quarterly Calls on Sundays at 1pm Eastern: October 25, and January 24.
COMMITTEE CONTACT INFORMATON AND REPORTS
Peter H: email@example.com
Service Group Support Committee
If you are more than 2 hours away you can attend our meeting via conference call at 9:45am on Inter group morning: 605.475.4000 then enter 871790#
Stay tuned for the online registration for the Service Group Support Weekend on November 6th-8th! An email will be sent out to all EAI contacts when online registration is ready.
On August 19, 2015 a professional information session was brought to Southeast Mobil Treatment Team in New bedford, MA. Two FA fellows addressed a team of health care professionals that serve people with chronic and severe mental illness made up of RN’s and APRN, social workers, case managers, a peer specialist and team leader. Each FA member spent approximately 15 minutes relaying their experience, strength and hope. This was followed by a question and answer period of 30 minutes. So, here is the list of questions that were asked during the Q & A:
"How can I get someone to reach a bottom, so they will go to a meeting?"
"Does it make sense to send people suffering from bulimia and anorexia to FA?"
"If I know someone is a food addict, is it rude to offer them food?"
"Why total abstinence rather than moderation?"
"Is there a focus on service as there is in AA?"
"Are meetings open, so we can take clients?"
"Are there separate meetings for men, women, or other populations?"
Questions were responded to by the FA fellows. The SEMT staff continue to ask questions about FA and are asking for a return FA literature was left for the staff that included 4 FA Books, trifles, pamphlets and waiting room booklets.
Monthly Local Service Group Meetings:
Charlotte, NC: 3rd Saturday – Contact: Margaret M., firstname.lastname@example.org.
Washington, DC: 2nd Sunday, 10:15AM-11:30AM – Contact: Pam N. email@example.com.
Cleveland, OH: 2nd Saturday, 11:30AM-12:15PM – Contact: Cayce F. firstname.lastname@example.org
Rochester, NY: 2nd Saturday, 1245PM-1:30PM – Contact: Margaret H. email@example.com.
Ithaca, NY: 4th Saturday of the month 11AM-12PM – Contact: Paula K. firstname.lastname@example.org
Philadelphia, PA: 2nd Sunday, 8:30-9:30am – Contact: Abigail H. email@example.com
Financial Aid and Resource
Anita F.: firstname.lastname@example.org
Financial aid is available for the upcoming Service Support Group Weekend. Application requests can be sent to email@example.com.
Mac M: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you haven't yet, now is the time to re-register your meeting! Re-registration is to be completed by September 30, 2015.
This involves reviewing and agreeing to the Meeting Requirements and Standards in accordance with the FA bylaws. If your meeting has any questions about this process or if your WSI contact did not receive an email from FA about re-registering, please contact email@example.com.
New meeting: Thursday in Reedsburg, WI
Discontinued meeting: Thursday 7pm in Kansas City, MO
Lynne S: firstname.lastname@example.org
PI Committee recommends that meetings donate 1 FA book per month to a local library, school or doctor’s office. Sub committees will be established to continue to support the Frontier and Health Care Industry, join our committee meeting in person at Inter group Sunday or dial in August 9th 945am.
Meeting dial-in: 605.475.4000 and Access Code 1066681#
Teens and Twenties
Jennifer L: email@example.com
Please feel free to contact Jennifer H. for info and resource direction if you wish to know how to set one up in your area. Meeting dial-in: 605.475.4700 and Access Code 293738#
Reggie M., Chair: firstname.lastname@example.org
A Thank-a-Thon is a series of meetings held back to back on Thanks giving Day and is a wonderful service to the local fellowship and out of town visitors. Whether or not your meeting has hosted a Thank-a-Thon in the past, now is a good time to consider whether you want to do so this year.
- The host meeting chooses two contacts who agree to have their names phone numbers and email addresses list on the FA website.
- The meeting also chooses a speaker seeker to to enlist leaders for each hour of the event.
- It is suggested that Thank -a -thon contacts, speaker seekers and leaders have at least two years of abstinence, and FA sponsor and completed one AWOL.
- Thank- a -thon time and location and Thank -a - thon contact information received at email@example.com October 9th, 2015 will be included in the 12th Step announcement and materials.
- For more guidelines see Thank- a-thin guidelines which are posted on the FA website, click on Eastern Area Inter group, then on the 12th Step committee page.