Welcome to Eastern Area Intergroup
FA Eastern Area Intergroup (FA-EAI, Inc.)
FA Eastern Area Intergroup (FA-EAI, Inc.)
PO Box 490551, Everett, MA 02149
Donation to FA EAI
For instructions to make a donation to FA EAI Click here
NEXT EAI MEETING and LOCATION
The next EAI meeting is Sunday, May 3, 2015 at the VA Hospital, 1400 VFW Parkway, West Roxbury, MA. If you are 2+ hours away from Intergroup please join a committee via conference call from 9:45am-10:30am EST. For details, see committee reports below or at foodaddicts.org/eastern-area-intergroup. If EAI is canceled due to bad weather, there will be an outgoing message to that effect by 5:00AM on Intergroup Sunday at 781-438-9700.
FUTURE EAI MEETING DATES
2015: June 14; July 12; August 9; September 13; October 4; November 8; December 13.
MONTHLY INTERGROUP REPORT: April, 2015
MEETING HEALTH QUESTION?
If you have time in abstinence beyond 90 days, are you waiting for members who do not yet have 90 days to raise their hand to read so they too can reap the benefits of service?
Courtney G., Chair: email@example.com
- Congratulations to the Philadelphia Local Service Group for a highly successful Fellowship Day on April 18. Members gathered from PA, DE, NJ, NY, and MA to share on the themes of “Abstinence, Gratitude, and Service” and “Living in Recovery.” Thanks to everyone who did service for the event, from reserving the space, arranging the speakers, and helping spread the word to hosting and making meals for out-of-towners. To learn how your area can put together a similar event, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please announce at your meetings: WSI Business Convention Dates: May 29-31 in Danvers, MA. Registration deadline: May 8, 2015. For questions about hotel rooms, email email@example.com. A draft agenda, meal plan, and other relevant convention documentation will mailed out to all members registered for the convention and will be posted on www.foodaddicts.org. If you are interested in doing service at the convention and have 6 or more months of continuous abstinence, email firstname.lastname@example.org to be sent the list of sign-ups. Service opportunities include: registration, greeters, and books sales. If you are able to provide a room or a ride to fellows during the convention, email email@example.com for more information.
- Meeting changes: The following have been discontinued: Tuesday, Pearl River, NY; Monday, Jonesborough, TN; Saturday, Johnson City, TN. The Wednesday, Sarasota, FL meeting is temporarily closed and will reopen soon.
- Next month at Intergroup: Public Information Deep Dive. Come share your PI experience and be inspired with ideas for spreading the word to the still-suffering food addict.
- All are welcome to stay for a fellowship BYO lunch immediately following the Intergroup meeting.
- Please note the future dates of the EAI Quarterly Call on Sundays at 1pm Eastern: June 28, October 25, and January 24
COMMITTEE CONTACT INFORMATON AND REPORTS
Jen N: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chapter and Region Support
Paul B., Chair email@example.com
If you are more than 2 hours away you can attend our meeting via conference call at 9:45am on Intergroup morning: 424-203-8075 then enter 871790#
Monthly Local Service Group Meetings:
Charlotte, NC: 3rd Saturday – Contact: Margaret M., firstname.lastname@example.org.
Washington, DC: 2nd Sunday, 10:15AM-11:30AM – Contact: Pam N. email@example.com.
Cleveland, OH: 2nd Saturday, 11:30AM-12:15PM – Contact: Cayce F. firstname.lastname@example.org
Rochester, NY: 1st Saturday, 1PM-1:45PM – Contact: Margaret H. email@example.com.
Ithaca, NY: 4th Saturday of the month 11AM-12PM – Contact: Paula K. firstname.lastname@example.org
Philadelphia, PA: 2nd Sunday, 8:30-9:30am – Contact: Abigail H. email@example.com
Gabe E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact us if you are interested in hosting a connection writing session in your area. Meeting dial-in: 513-386-0000 and Access Code 274894#
Financial Aid and Resource
Kim B., Chair: email@example.com
Looking for a 12 Step Committee Service Funding Applications? Email us and we’ll send it your way.
Mari L., Chair: firstname.lastname@example.org
The following meetings are discontinued: Tuesday, Pearl River, NY; Monday, Jonesborough, TN; Saturday, Johnson City, TN. The Wednesday, Sarasota, FL meeting is temporarily closed and will reopen in the spring.
Download your local meeting directory for printing at foodaddicts.org/eastern-area-intergroup. Scroll over the “Office” tab and select “EAI Meeting Directory & Trifolds.”
Theresa H: email@example.com
ADA Convention June 6-8th in Boston. We will have a booth from 10a-4p Saturday and Sunday and 10a-2p on Monday. Email the PI committee if you can help out!
There are several resources available for public information efforts. These include: banners, tablecloths, racks, brochures,booklets, letters to the healthcare professionals and Faith community leaders, flyers, and press releases.
Meeting dial-in: 605.475.4000 and Access Code 1066681#
Carol C: firstname.lastname@example.org
Patty R: email@example.com
Teens and Twenties
Jennifer L: firstname.lastname@example.org
We held a mock outreach at our EAI body meeting, utilizing the EAI body as a High School classroom. We informed the fellowship about how we make contacts and set up outreaches. Please feel free to contact Jennifer H. for info and resource direction if you wish to know how to set one up in your area.
Meeting dial-in: 605.475.4700 and Access Code 293738#
Reggie M., Chair: email@example.com
For information on 12th Step activities contact the 12 Step Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org