Welcome to Eastern Area Intergroup
FA Eastern Area Intergroup (FA-EAI, Inc.)
FA Eastern Area Intergroup (FA-EAI, Inc.)
PO Box 490551, Everett, MA 02149
Donation to EAI
For instructions to make a donation to EAI Click here
NEXT EAI MEETING and LOCATION
The next EAI meeting is Sunday, May 15, 2016 at the VA Hospital, 1400 VFW Parkway, West Roxbury, MA. If you are 2+ hours away from Inter group please join Service Group Support, Public Information, or Teens and Twenties Committee meetings via conference call from 9:45am-10:30am EST. Dial-in details are listed under specific committees below.
2016 EAI MEETING DATES
June 12, July 10, August (Recess-No Meeting in August), September 11, October 2, November 12-13 Service Weekend, December 11.
2016 EAI QUARTERLY CALL DATES:
June 26, October 23 at 1pm EST. Dial in info: Dial 712-432-1500 / Access Code 288741#.
MONTHLY INTERGROUP REPORT: APRIL 2016
MEETING HEALTH QUESTION
Are all qualified people with six months of abstinence in the meeting standing up to sponsor? If no one stands up, and even though you may not have time, are you willing to stand up and get someone started?
Courtney G., Chair: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The FA Business Convention is coming up, June 3-5th in Danvers, MA. We hope to see many of you there!
- To access the Convention Ride and Lodging list, log into the website and go to the Convention page, scroll down to “Service Opportunities” and add your name if you can provide a ride, share a room, or house someone around the time of the convention. Members in need of a ride or lodging can reach out to members on the list and coordinate with them.
- If you booked a hotel room for the Convention and have decided not to use it, please consider posting this information on the Ride and Lodging list so that another fellow can take your place. If you don’t find any takers, PLEASE RELEASE YOUR ROOM ASAP. FA will be charged a fee for any hotel room booked at the special convention rate which is not used.
- Many fellows attending from out of town like to “come early and stay late,” to attend additional FA meetings and exchange experience, strength, and hope. In addition to attending meetings in Massachusetts, you may want to visit New Hampshire and Maine, which are in relatively close driving distance from Danvers. In fact, there are three FA Information Sessions already scheduled in Maine for Wednesday, June 1 at 7pm First Congregational Church, 167 Black Point Road Scarborough, ME. Also, Monday, June 6 at 6:30pm and Saturday, June 11 at 8am at the Larrabee Village Administration Bldg. 30 Liza Harmon Dr. Westbrook, ME. Details: Patty R. 207-233-7947.
- Please note that Eastern Area Intergroup will not be meeting in the month of August 2016. We will meet each month through July 2016 and then resume in September 2016, refreshed and ready to dive into fall service activities. Individual committees may decide to meet by conference call. Please consult with your committee chair for updates.
Click here for a printer-friendly version of the EAI Report.
COMMITTEE CONTACT INFORMATON AND REPORTS
Service Group Support Committee
- Next year's Service Support Weekend will be held November 12-13, 2016 at the Holiday Inn in Dedham, MA. Hope you will be able to join us.
- Literature will be available for sale at the Literature Table at the next EAI Intergroup meeting. If you would like to pre-order literature for pick up, please email email@example.com.
- If you are 2+ hours away you can attend our meeting via conference call at 9:45am on Intergroup morning: 605.475.3215 then enter 871790#.
Monthly Local Service Group Meetings:
Metro Atlanta, GA: 2nd Saturday 11:40am-12:10pm. Contact: Rosa at 404-308-8187
- Southeast Michigan: Last Thursday of the month 8:15pm, Contact: Linda at 248-320-6842 for conference call details.
- Charlotte, NC: 3rd Saturday – Contact: Margaret M. at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Washington, DC: 2nd Sunday, 10:15am-11:30am – Contact: Pam N. at email@example.com
- Cleveland, OH: 2nd Saturday, 11:30am-12:15pm – Contact: Cayce F. at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rochester, NY: 2nd Saturday, 1015am-11am – Contact: Jeanne U. at email@example.com
- Ithaca, NY: 4th Saturday 11am-12pm – Contact: Paula K. at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Philadelphia, PA: 2nd Sunday, 8:30am-9:30am – Contact: Abigail H. at email@example.com
- Ownsboro, KY: 3rd Friday, 5:00pm-5:45pm – Contact: Annie K. at firstname.lastname@example.org
- West Michigan, MI: 2nd Saturday 9:45am – Contact: Karin D. at 616-464-3328
Financial Aid and Resource
Anita F.: email@example.com
- Ride and Lodging lists for the upcoming WSBC can be accessed on the FA website this year. Members are encouraged to add themselves to these lists if they can provide a ride, share a room, or house someone around the time of the convention. Members in need of a ride or lodging can reach out to members on the list and coordinate with them.
Andrea L.: firstname.lastname@example.org
- No new meetings or discontinued meetings this month.
- EAI now welcomes long-distance participants to its body meetings! If you or your local service group is located 2+ hours away from intergroup and is interested in participating remotely, please contact email@example.com.
- If you or someone you know is not receiving the EAI report, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We can help!
Lynne S.: email@example.com
- FA book – a reminder to have your individual meeting donate a book a month to a library, school library or doctor.
- Join our committee meeting in person at Intergroup Sunday or dial in on May 15 at 9:45am. Meeting dial-in: 605.475.4000 and Access Code 1066681#
Teens and Twenties
Jennifer L.: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can conference in on Intergroup Sunday at 945am meeting dial-in: 605.475.4700 and Access Code 293738#
Reggie M., Chair: email@example.com
- Don’t forget our FA fellows on the frontier! Use the Long Distance Phone List located on the literature table at your local meeting. You can also receive a copy by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also add your name to the list by going to foodaddicts.org click on members and then 12th Step, and at the drop down menu click on frontier phone list.