Welcome to Eastern Area Intergroup
FA Eastern Area Intergroup (FA-EAI, Inc.)
FA Eastern Area Intergroup (FA-EAI, Inc.)
PO Box 490551, Everett, MA 02149
Donation to FA EAI
For instructions to make a donation to FA EAI Click here
NEXT EAI MEETING and LOCATION
The next EAI meeting is Sunday February 8, 2015, 2015 at the VA Hospital at 1400 VFW Parkway, West Roxbury, MA. If you are 2+ hours away from Intergroup please join a committee via conference call from 945am -1030am EST. For details see committee reports below or at Foodaddicts.org/eastern-area-intergroup.
FUTURE EAI MEETING DATES
February 8; March 8; April 12; May 3; June 14; July 12; August 9; September 13; October 4; November 8; December 13.
(Snow day cancellations: Call 781.438.9700 after 5:30AM the morning of Intergroup to find out if Intergroup is cancelled.)
MONTHLY INTERGROUP REPORT: January, 2014
MEETING HEALTH QUESTION?
Are you running out the door as soon as the meeting has ended? Or are you relaxed and unhurried, talking to that person God has put in your path, helping to put the room back in order, and attending your meeting's business meeting
Courtney G., Chair: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Welcome to our newest meetings in Louisville, KY; Sarasota, FL; and Cambridge, MA!
- EAI’s Connection committee is launching an exciting new service offering at Intergroup. Starting in February, they will oversee a literature table of FA-Conference approved books and pamphlets available for purchase by individuals or groups using cash or checks. This project is in beta testing and we look forward to user feedback at email@example.com.
- The February EAI body meeting will include a second edition of the website deep-dive. Come with questions or forward them in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions received via email will be answered in next month’s EAI Report.
- Reminders: All are invited to join the new-and-improved EAI Quarterly Call on Sunday February 22, 2015 at 1:00pm Eastern 712 432 1500 Access Code 288741#
- There is no change in the opportunities to dial into the following monthly committee meetings on Intergroup Sundays at 9:30am:
- Chapter and Region Support — dial 424.203.8075 then enter 871790#
- Connection — dial 513.386.0000 then enter Access Code 274894#
- Public Information — dial 605.475.4000 then enter Access Code 1066681#
- Teens and Twenties — dial 605.475.4700 then enter Access Code 293738#
- DEADLINE: Financial aid applications for World Service Conference Members are due February 3, 2015. If you haven’t done so, please select your Conference Member so s/he can apply for financial aid if needed. Request an application at email@example.com. All relevant criteria must be met in order for aid to be granted. Please submit an application and wait for a response from the committee before assuming you will be funded. The 2015 FA-WSI Business Convention is May 29-31.
connection writing session. Feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to organize a writing session in your area.
- Many thanks to outgoing Region Outreach Chair, Patty R., for her faithful service. We welcome Kathleen M. as the new Region Outreach Chair.
- The 2015 FA-WSI Business Convention is May 29-31. Please select your World Service Conference member at your January business meeting so s/he can apply for financial aid if needed. Request an application via: email@example.com. All relevant criteria must be met in order for aid to be granted. Please submit an application and wait for a response from the committee before assuming you will be funded.
- Please click on the following link to print and provide a copy of a letter for your elected World Conference member: Letter to elected voting member
- We closed our December Intergroup with the following quote from page 13 of As Bill Sees It: The A.A. Way of Life-- Selected Writings of A.A.’S Co-Founder:
The Shared Gift
A.A. is more than a set of principles; it is a society of alcoholics in action. We must carry the message, else we ourselves can wither and those who haven't been given the truth may die.1
<< << << >> >> >>
Faith is more than our greatest gift; its sharing with others is our greatest responsibility. May we of A.A. continually seek the wisdom and the willingness by which we may well fulfill that immense trust which the Giver of all perfect gifts has placed in our hands.2
1. SERVICE MANUAL, P. 6
2. GRAPEVINE, APRIL 1961
Chapter and Region Support — Paul B: firstname.lastname@example.org -- 424-203-8075 then enter 871790#
Connection — Gabe E: email@example.com – 513-386-0000 and enter Access Code 274894#
Public Information — Theresa H: firstname.lastname@example.org – 605.475.4000 and enter Access Code 1066681#
Teens and Twenties — Jennifer H.: email@example.com – 605.475.4700 and enter Access Code 293738#
COMMITTEE CONTACT INFORMATON AND REPORTS
Jen N: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chapter and Region Support
Paul B., Chair email@example.com
If you are more than 2 hours away you can attend our meeting via conference call at 9:45am on Intergroup morning: 424.203.8075 then enter 871790#
Monthly Regional Service Meetings:
Charlotte, NC: 3rd Saturday, 11AM-12PM, Anuvia Prevention and Recovery Center, Rm. 3, 100 Billingsley Rd., Charlotte, NC 28211. Contact: Margaret M., firstname.lastname@example.org.
Washington, DC: 2nd Sunday, 10:15AM-11:30AM, Holy Cross Hospital Resource Center, 9805 Dameron Dr., Silver Spring, MD, 20902. Contact: Pam N., email@example.com.
Cleveland, OH: 2nd Saturday, 11:30AM-12:15PM, Southwest General Health Center, 18697 Bagley Rd., Middleburg Heights, OH 44130. Contact: Cayce F., firstname.lastname@example.org
Rochester, NY: 1st Saturday, 1PM-1:45PM, St. Peter's Episcopal Church, Fellowship Hall, 3825 E. Henrietta Rd., Rochester, NY. Contact: Margaret H., email@example.com.
Philadelphia, PA: 2nd Sunday, 8:30AM-9:30AM; Upstairs at the Gryphon Café, 105 W. Lancaster Ave., Wayne, PA 19087.
Gabe E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact us if you are interested in hosting a connection writing session in your area. If you are more than 2 hours away you can attend our meeting via conference call at 9:45am on Intergroup morning: dial 513-386-0000 and enter Access Code 274894#
Financial Aid and Resource
Kim B., Chair: email@example.com
The 2015 FA-WSI Business Convention is May 29th-31st.Please select your WS conference member at your January business meeting in order to give the elected individual the opportunity to apply for financial aid if need. Request for applications can be obtained by emailing FAR committee chair Kim. Please obtain and submit an application and wait for a response from the committee before assuming monies will be awarded to you or your meeting. All criteria for award must be met.
Mari L., Chair: firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome New Meetings: Tuesday 7pm Ajax, ON, Canada, Thursday 6:30pm Elmhurst, IL, Wednesday 7pm Jerusalem, Israel, Wednesday 7:30pm, North Miami Beach, FL.
Please note the following Discontinued Meetings: Sunday 7:30pm Lecanto, FL, Wednesday 6:30pm Bristol Somerset, UK, Friday 7am Plantation, FL.
Download your local meeting directory for printing at www.foodaddicts.org/eastern-area-intergroup. Scroll over the “Office” tab and select “EAI Meeting Directory & Trifolds”.
Theresa H: email@example.com
The PI committee will address the Intergroup body in February. Email me a note if you have something specific you would like to see covered at intergourp. Are you carrying literature with you that is handy to give out to someone who could use it?
If you are more than 2 hours away you can attend our meeting via conference call at 9:45am on Intergroup morning: dial 605.475.4000 and enter Access Code 1066681#
Carol C: firstname.lastname@example.org
Patty R: email@example.com
Teens and Twenties
Jennifer L: firstname.lastname@example.org
A total of 3 High Schools were visited by our local Boston area members in late November/early December. With 12 classes with an average of 30 students per class, resulting in 360 students and 24 or more teachers learning about food addiction and the solution of FA! Congratulations to the members who participated for the first time! We also visited a community college and sat at a table where at least 100 students either observed the 20 questions or viewed the website for the first time and/ or spoke to a FA member about program. We are grateful for these opportunities to share the program.
If you are more than 2 hours away you can attend our meeting via conference call at 9:45am on Intergroup morning: dial 605.475.4700 and enter Access Code 293738#
Reggie M., Chair: email@example.com
Please be advised that our committee will assist local groups to provide a meeting to a fellow who is unable to attend a meeting due to hospitalization or other incapacitating issues. In addition, we will also assist a local group to coordinate a road trip for a meeting in need of support. Please contact the above email for further details.